Author Topic: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale  (Read 259661 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale
« Reply #310 on: June 10, 2009, 08:37:04 pm »
staying tuned.....
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #311 on: June 10, 2009, 08:40:06 pm »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #312 on: June 10, 2009, 09:06:03 pm »
and here we go, chapter 91!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/311488.html

Wow - that was fast.  You weren't kidding about staying tuned! 

SPOILERS

“It’s okay, yer safe from me, yer much too young.”

:laugh:  Among other things!  Interesting dream he had.  I know he doesn't want to retire to a tropical beach, but the anxiety about losing Colson has to be coming from something else.   :-\

“No problem with that. Not sure I could sit up unless ya pointed a gun at me –“ he stopped dead, a thought slipping away from him like an overcooked noodle slipping from a spoon.

Now that sounds like a clue to ..... something????

Here comes your man, Colson - and no, he ain't feelin any pain at all!  Thanks, Louise! 
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #313 on: June 11, 2009, 12:04:01 am »
yes, Ellery got a clue on the verges of his morphine dream!

more clues to come...! muah hahahah!

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #314 on: June 11, 2009, 11:21:19 pm »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #315 on: June 12, 2009, 02:32:03 pm »

Chapter 92:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/311707.html

Well, Colson hasn't been living with a chief deputy this past year for nothing!  But, uh oh.  I know one a.d.a who will be none too pleased to have her evening interrupted when her date is called into service .....  :-\  Thanks, Louise!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #316 on: June 12, 2009, 09:24:56 pm »
stay tuned for the next chapter which is under construction!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #317 on: June 12, 2009, 09:37:08 pm »
And here is chapter 93!  and the early wake-up calls begin!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/311832.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #318 on: June 13, 2009, 09:29:23 am »
And here is chapter 93!  and the early wake-up calls begin!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/311832.html

SPOILERS

Well, I'd be relieved that the calls didn't start until early morning, except that it looks like there was nothing to interrupt the night before as far as Henry and Paula are concerned!   :-\   

Looks like this may turn out to be a very productive Sunday with Ozzie, et al back in town and in custody and with Ellery on the edge of a breakthrough. 

“Yeah, ya asked me that already, are you testin my mental acuity here?”

:laugh:  Poor Henry.  It's hard enough to deal with Ellery, let alone when you're  half-awake, slightly hung over and urgently needing to pee!  Thanks, Louise!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #319 on: June 13, 2009, 12:10:47 pm »
Yep, there was a bit of a no-showing last night...as you know I have a bit of an allergy when it comes to happily-ever-afters.  After all, the only happy couple that is a really happy couple in that story without bumps or diversions, is Edna and Wes.  Mel and Bunny (good god!) Esteban's marriage is probably on the rocks, Colson and Ellery fight regularly, Jeremy and Nick even moreso, and even the otherwise-idyllic partnership of Pookie and Simon has seen trouble in paradise.  Not to mention the on-again off-again fortunes of Jeeves, Lance, Sergio, Clyde and Jerry from the Red Stallion.  So will a Happily Ever After firm up for Henry and Paula?  Weeelllll, not so fast, amiga!

I guess this is why I don't think my work is suitable for the "romance" genre, cause I just don't see a lot of happily ever afters in my characters' lives.