Author Topic: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale  (Read 259645 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2009, 12:59:43 pm »

SPOILERISH
 However, you wouldn't want to spoil a plot point for me now would you Marie?

Ha!  I knew the eye color talk wasn't thrown in there for nothin'!  You've always got something up your sleeve, Louise!  And in this story, I'd say both sleeves at least!  :laugh:
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2009, 01:58:45 pm »
Ha!  I knew the eye color talk wasn't thrown in there for nothin'!  You've always got something up your sleeve, Louise!  And in this story, I'd say both sleeves at least!  :laugh:

well you know, I start out writing a stream-of-consciousness deep psychological insight story and end up writing another mystery and detective thing.  I guess I just can't help it!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2009, 06:46:44 pm »
okay for all you people who don't want the plot spoiled for you ahead of time!!!

here's chapter 23!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/293923.html
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2009, 08:49:03 pm »
okay for all you people who don't want the plot spoiled for you ahead of time!!!

here's chapter 23!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/293923.html

SPOILERS

And I thought my heart was breaking for Colson before.   :'(  Oh, dear.  I can't even imagine what that would be like.  And what a god-awful frightening feeling for Ellery to have as well.  To have a chunk of your life just disappear on you.  I figured Ellery had gone into a coma, but I know next to nothing about this kind of stuff, and now it appears that his short-term memory is suffering along with his amnesia b/c Colson's been coming into his room for a week and it looks like they're going through some kind of Groundhog Day.   :-\   

I don't have to tell you that you've got us on the edge of our seats here, Louise!  Terrific storytelling. 
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2009, 09:06:43 pm »

SPOILERS

And I thought my heart was breaking for Colson before.   :'(  Oh, dear.  I can't even imagine what that would be like.  And what a god-awful frightening feeling for Ellery to have as well.  To have a chunk of your life just disappear on you.  I figured Ellery had gone into a coma, but I know next to nothing about this kind of stuff, and now it appears that his short-term memory is suffering along with his amnesia b/c Colson's been coming into his room for a week and it looks like they're going through some kind of Groundhog Day.   :-\   

I don't have to tell you that you've got us on the edge of our seats here, Louise!  Terrific storytelling. 

well I sure hope I gave everybody enough buildup!!  To think I was originally going to start the story HERE... no no that wouldn't do at all.  It would just be too much!

Offline CarolK1943

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2009, 10:12:35 pm »
well I sure hope I gave everybody enough buildup!!  To think I was originally going to start the story HERE... no no that wouldn't do at all.  It would just be too much!

Strangely enough I would have liked that as a starting point - as long as you immediately went back and explained everything.  I just started reading this story a couple of days ago and as usual I'm completely sucked in.  Great story, Louise!  You've got me completely hooked.

Carol

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2009, 10:43:28 pm »

Strangely enough I would have liked that as a starting point - as long as you immediately went back and explained everything.  I just started reading this story a couple of days ago and as usual I'm completely sucked in.  Great story, Louise!  You've got me completely hooked.

Carol

I thought about it and considered the pros and cons before I decided to do it this way.  Anyway... onward and upward!

Chapter 24

http://louisev.livejournal.com/294399.html

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2009, 02:16:42 am »
I thought about it and considered the pros and cons before I decided to do it this way.  Anyway... onward and upward!

Chapter 24

SPOILER

Gosh, Louise, I'm taking deep breaths here.

I'm ready for some positive news about Ellery now.  :-\ But, like Colson, I guess I'm just going to have to be patient.

Like Marie said, fantastic storytelling.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline CarolK1943

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2009, 10:46:56 am »

Chapter 24

Now I'm completely lost.  Was chap 23 a figment of Ellery's coma? 

Carol

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2009, 11:33:23 am »

SPOILER

Gosh, Louise, I'm taking deep breaths here.

I'm ready for some positive news about Ellery now.  :-\ But, like Colson, I guess I'm just going to have to be patient.

Like Marie said, fantastic storytelling.  :)

I guess all I can do is keep on writing and all you readers just have ta hold on tight!