Author Topic: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale  (Read 260311 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale
« Reply #100 on: March 28, 2009, 06:39:36 pm »
SPOILERS

Well, a lot of verrrrrrry interesting stuff here! It's like hallucinogenic amnesia with a good bit of deja vu thrown in there - or something like that!  I wonder if Ellery can discover things during this coma that will help him remember stuff he forgot during the first coma?  Does that sentence even make sense?   :laugh:   But I have to agree with Colson, even if it was 14 years ago, I think the doctors should be aware that Ellery has been through this before. 

And when Wes mentioned how there was "nobody to make the decisions otherwise" 14 years ago, I was relieved all over again that Colson has those papers in his wallet!  Top-notch stuff, Louise!  Thanks.

ah hah, no flies on you, Marie!  Very good deduction.  I am not sure whether I'll crank out another chapter today but we'll see!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2009, 10:43:29 am »
I just caught up with the last two chapters.

This amnesia thing,....it's complicated!  ;D Maybe I should start taking notes too.  ::)

Fascinating story Louise.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2009, 02:57:25 pm »
and here is chapter 28, where Ellery remembers an important detail!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/295332.html
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2009, 03:42:33 pm »
and here is chapter 28, where Ellery remembers an important detail!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/295332.html

SPOILERS

Well, Ellery started to make some progress in both worlds.  I'm anxious to learn more about left-handed Emilio and how he fits into things.  I'm relieved that the doctors will be looking into his past records, and it's sweet that Ellery wants Wes to get "that cowboy, Colson Grey" back to the hospital!   :)  Thanks, Louise.
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2009, 01:24:27 pm »
SPOILERS

Well, Ellery started to make some progress in both worlds.  I'm anxious to learn more about left-handed Emilio and how he fits into things.  I'm relieved that the doctors will be looking into his past records, and it's sweet that Ellery wants Wes to get "that cowboy, Colson Grey" back to the hospital!   :)  Thanks, Louise.

well I'm sure glad that, while somewhat nonsensical still, there's an element of coherence occurring!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2009, 10:17:11 pm »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2009, 12:59:39 pm »

.....and

Chapter 29!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/295523.html

SPOILERS

Well, thank goodness Colson has Wes and Edna to stay with.  This is hard enough for him w/o having to sleep alone in their bed at home. 

A body in a dumpster now?  Not just pouring rain but a monsoon.  Very interesting watching Wes and Joe interact.  Wes does favor his "prize rookie" Dupree and it's a good thing that Joe isn't simply a yes man.  I really like all the complexities of the characters.  No one is a simple anything, and I'm wondering if Wes isn't jumping to some conclusions about Esteban ....  Wes's remark about the "magical qualities" of his office made me laugh, and it looks like Henry is already a valuable part of his staff.   Thanks, Louise!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2009, 10:04:08 pm »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #108 on: April 01, 2009, 04:16:21 pm »
whoo hoo!

Chapter 30:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/295909.html

SPOILERS

Edna turning her nose up at hospital cafeteria pie made me LOL.  But I sure am glad Wes gave Colson and Ellery some privacy.  I think Colson may be an even better enticement for Ellery than that dead body in the dumpster!  :laugh:

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #109 on: April 02, 2009, 01:06:25 am »
sorry for the no chapter night... but I got my 1099 documentation and was finally able to do my taxes.... and  well, I've explained here

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,6973.msg495983.html#msg495983

If I weren't going in early tomorrow to see my dentist i would be out celebrating tonight.  My years of scraping and saving have finally netted me some material prosperity.  2008 was my highest income year in my life, and I still have a good chunk of 2008 money. 

Your amnesia fic will resume tomorrow!