Author Topic: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale  (Read 260571 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale
« Reply #110 on: April 02, 2009, 11:45:21 pm »
....and we're back!

Chapter 31:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/296076.html
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #111 on: April 03, 2009, 02:03:33 pm »
....and we're back!

Chapter 31:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/296076.html

SPOILERS

You know, I think Joe is kind of the unsung hero around the department - and I think he likes it that way.  His conversation with Henry was both interesting and kind of amusing.  Henry naturally wants to dig into whatever brain he's sitting across from and Joe naturally has other things on his mind.  But I'd love to see Henry and Joe in a session some time. 

I wonder what Ellery would think about Henry using his office.   

“I hope that doesn’t mean you regret last night.”

Huh. I'm trying not to read too much into that - or maybe I should?  In any event, their date sounds like it was a success and I think it's cute that Henry blushed! LOL. 

It sounds like Jeremy has his work cut out for him being the principal with this murder investigation - I wonder if Joe thinks it's too much for him.   :-\   So much going on here, Louise. I don't know how you keep track!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #112 on: April 03, 2009, 02:16:08 pm »
SPOILERISH!

Well, feel free to speculate because ... well, both of them are dead tired! (hint hint.)

And no, Joe is very much concerned that Jeremy can't handle the murder case, even with wingmen Reynolds and Taylor!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #113 on: April 03, 2009, 02:50:18 pm »
SPOILERISH!

Well, feel free to speculate because ... well, both of them are dead tired! (hint hint.)

And no, Joe is very much concerned that Jeremy can't handle the murder case, even with wingmen Reynolds and Taylor!

A very successful date then! LOL.  I'm glad to know that Paula is tired, too! 

Yeah, I figured Joe was uneasy about Jeremy being principal.  Even though he's a "star" rookie, he's still a rookie and there's no shortcut to years of experience.  I'm a little worried for Sweet Thing. 

Hopefully, Ellery won't be in a coma for long - but it looks like he's going to wake up to some interesting changes! 
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #114 on: April 03, 2009, 09:43:19 pm »
And just in time for the weekend,

Chapter 32:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/296383.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #115 on: April 04, 2009, 08:31:16 am »
And just in time for the weekend,

Chapter 32:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/296383.html

SPOILERS

..and he realized – half of this is really happening, and half of it is in my mind. And I can’t tell which half is which. But Colson’s voice was the same, but rougher, more immediate, more raw and present to him...

Aw, Ellery is fighing his way back to Colson - and out of both his coma and his "amnesia."  But will he solve the mystery of Emilio before he comes to, and how much of his delusions will he remember?  How maddening it would be to try and open your eyes and be unable to.  Aside from the blow to his head, all of his emotional turmoil is enough to give anyone a crushing headache! 

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #116 on: April 04, 2009, 04:11:33 pm »
And onward into Crime Scene Investigation!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/296502.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #117 on: April 05, 2009, 11:19:27 am »
And onward into Crime Scene Investigation!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/296502.html

SPOILERS

I don't think I could love Joe more.   :)  I'm impressed with how artful he is with his pragmatism.  Joe's idea for the one-man "crime scene unit" is inspired, and Jeremy certainly does seem to fit the bill.   LOL at "Larry and Curly."  Jeremy probably does feel like banging some heads together!  I loved all the dialogue. Thanks, Louise!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #118 on: April 06, 2009, 02:00:58 am »
I spent most of the weekend watching the Lord of the Rings extended edition and it took, I don't know, 12 hours altogether I think!  I'll be back at work in Tourmaline as soon as possible, I promise!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #119 on: April 06, 2009, 10:37:23 pm »
Okay, onward and upward!

Chapter 34:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/296847.html