Author Topic: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale  (Read 260407 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale
« Reply #330 on: June 17, 2009, 04:03:43 pm »
and now, back to Memorial !  Chapter 97

http://louisev.livejournal.com/312876.html

SPOILERS

Henry is a keeper, Paula!  I liked everything about his visit - he was genuine and funny and honest and direct. I thought it was great that he "came clean" in front of Mel and said he had nothing to hide.  And he finds Paula adorable!  :)   Thanks, Louise!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #331 on: June 17, 2009, 08:21:51 pm »
SPOILERS

Henry is a keeper, Paula!  I liked everything about his visit - he was genuine and funny and honest and direct. I thought it was great that he "came clean" in front of Mel and said he had nothing to hide.  And he finds Paula adorable!  :)   Thanks, Louise!

I wasn't sure whether Paula giggling like a schoolgirl at his "adorable" comment might have been over the top, but she DOES have the excuse that she's on intravenous pain meds and just had a traumatic shock!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #332 on: June 17, 2009, 11:08:01 pm »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #333 on: June 18, 2009, 01:36:04 pm »
I wasn't sure whether Paula giggling like a schoolgirl at his "adorable" comment might have been over the top, but she DOES have the excuse that she's on intravenous pain meds and just had a traumatic shock!

Yes, there's that - but I kind of liked seeing the spontaneous side of Paula, not over the top, at all!

SPOILERS - Chapter 98 (98?!?  We are zeroing in on the big 100!)

Okay, now we're getting somewhere!  Not surprisingly, Wes is a masterful interrogator.  Easy to understand why Manuel and his mother are so frightened. 

“Oh yeah. Who hit my Chief Deputy over the head with a toilet snake?”

Louise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #334 on: June 18, 2009, 01:44:57 pm »
Yes, there's that - but I kind of liked seeing the spontaneous side of Paula, not over the top, at all!

SPOILERS - Chapter 98 (98?!?  We are zeroing in on the big 100!)

Okay, now we're getting somewhere!  Not surprisingly, Wes is a masterful interrogator.  Easy to understand why Manuel and his mother are so frightened. 

“Oh yeah. Who hit my Chief Deputy over the head with a toilet snake?”

Louise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you're not the only one squealing about how that chapter ended!!!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #335 on: June 18, 2009, 10:27:03 pm »
and while there's not quite an answer...

there is some progress.

http://louisev.livejournal.com/313456.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #336 on: June 19, 2009, 06:02:40 pm »
and while there's not quite an answer...

there is some progress.

http://louisev.livejournal.com/313456.html

SPOILERS

Wes is having to do some fancy footwork there.  What a weekend this is turning out to be - and it's not over yet by a long shot.

Had to laugh that Joe told Wes he had to be the one to talk to Colson next time he called.  I don't blame him!   This is great.  Thanks, Louise!  Looking forward to the big 100!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #337 on: June 19, 2009, 09:38:00 pm »
SPOILERS

Wes is having to do some fancy footwork there.  What a weekend this is turning out to be - and it's not over yet by a long shot.

Had to laugh that Joe told Wes he had to be the one to talk to Colson next time he called.  I don't blame him!   This is great.  Thanks, Louise!  Looking forward to the big 100!

and it won't be long till he does call!  Chapter 100!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/313622.html

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #338 on: June 19, 2009, 11:44:18 pm »
and it won't be long till he does call!  Chapter 100!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/313622.html

:o 100 chapters already! Wow!

SPOILERS

I hope that this visit with Dr. Sampson will be a turning point for Ellery. I know how he (and Colson) hate to go to the hospital. Knowing that he can get pain relief from the visiting nurse will relieve the stress. This means he can just stay at home and get better. You describe what this medication is doing to him in a very realistic way Louise.

And isn't it amazing that Ellery never looses his sense of humour, no matter how poorly he's feeling. Glad to see Colson is playing along a bit, even in the presence of company.

Thanks Louise.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #339 on: June 19, 2009, 11:53:16 pm »
I've had my share of run-ins with intravenous and intramuscular narcotics, that's for sure!

and that has a lot to do with Ellery keeping his sense of humor!!!

Thanks for reading!  I think you folks like the daily updates more than the weekly ones!