Author Topic: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale  (Read 260378 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale
« Reply #370 on: June 29, 2009, 11:30:55 pm »
Holy shit, Louise!  Now my imagination is working overtime!   :laugh:

if you ever guess who else is going to show up I will personally give you the Ellery Cantrell Mystery Plot Twist Award of the Century.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #371 on: June 30, 2009, 10:20:36 am »
if you ever guess who else is going to show up I will personally give you the Ellery Cantrell Mystery Plot Twist Award of the Century.

:laugh: :laugh: Okay, now I'm really racking my brain!!!!  Let's see.... Wes and Edna wouldn't be a surprise...Wayne was just there and he wouldn't be too much of a surprise either.... Lauren?  could Beagle show up out of the blue?  How about a pregnant Laura and/or her husband? Larry Esteban, Jr.?  Couldn't be Lago himself... or the mystery man from Tuscon...  Fuckin Bill is still in prison....  no, wait, wait ---- Didn't Sampson's nurse mention sending a visiting nurse for morphine shots?  Don't tell me the blonde nurse Jeremy used to date will show up - what was her name - Janice?  The one who was sitting outside his apartment watching Jeremy and Nicky?  I suppose Paula's girlfriend could've flown in b/c she was concerned, but she would go to the hospital, not to Ellery's ...................jeez, I've thrown everything in there but the kitchen sink and I'm sure I'm still missing something.....I'll keep thinking!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #372 on: June 30, 2009, 08:23:47 pm »
OMG!

One of your guesses is correct!  You win!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #373 on: June 30, 2009, 09:11:44 pm »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #374 on: June 30, 2009, 10:40:34 pm »
OMG!

One of your guesses is correct!  You win!

OMG!  You are kidding!!!!!   I'm dusting off a shelf for my award!   :laugh:   Running off to read .....

SPOILERS

OMG again!   :laugh: :laugh:  I honestly thought that was just a wild long-shot!!!  Man oh man, if Jeremy thought he was having a bad day before .........  This is terrific, Louise - thanks!

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #375 on: June 30, 2009, 10:46:24 pm »

OMG!  You are kidding!!!!!   I'm dusting off a shelf for my award!   :laugh:   Running off to read .....

SPOILERS

OMG again!   :laugh: :laugh:  I honestly thought that was just a wild long-shot!!!  Man oh man, if Jeremy thought he was having a bad day before .........  This is terrific, Louise - thanks!

exactly.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #376 on: July 02, 2009, 08:20:34 pm »
okay, after starting back to work and having some interrupted sleep for a couple of nights, I'm back at the computer hard at work on the next chapter!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #377 on: July 02, 2009, 10:25:14 pm »
and here it is, chapter 109!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/316099.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #378 on: July 03, 2009, 01:18:57 pm »
and here it is, chapter 109!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/316099.html

SPOILERS

Ellery, Ellery, Ellery! Yeah, I couldn't imagine that Ellery would have a high level of suggestibility, even with the morphine - there is just too much going on in that brain of his all the time! But they did get a drawing and the tatoo should help. 

“Could a fooled me,” Ellery said, winking.

:laugh:  He loves to stir the pot, doesn't he?  Jeremy may have been better off taking Nicky up on his offer to visit Paula with him, although I'm sure Paula would disagree. 

And speaking of Paula - I hope Henry hurries back to the hospital!  Thanks, Louise!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #379 on: July 04, 2009, 12:07:23 am »
I was relieved to see the chapter turned out as good as it did, when I wrote it it seemed so  disjointed to me...

working on the next one now...