Author Topic: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale  (Read 260400 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale
« Reply #380 on: July 04, 2009, 12:51:17 am »

annnnnd... here's chapter 110!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/316360.html
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #381 on: July 04, 2009, 01:14:31 pm »

annnnnd... here's chapter 110!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/316360.html

SPOILERS

Each member had his or her own special act, and claimed a portion of the spotlight from time to time, but it all revolved around and was driven forward by the ringleader, who never really gave up the spotlight in the middle of everything. Not even when seriously ill, in pain, and supposedly, under hypnosis. The only thing that kept Henry from openly showing his annoyance was his acute awareness of just how much pain Ellery must be in, and how hard he was working to keep from showing it to those who were gathering here to show their support for him.

Yep. Excellent assessment, Dr. Caulfield. 

And, although he has a lot on his mind, I'm sure he's tucked away the information he's gleaned from the Jeremy/Nicky/Janice incident.  I can't deny that Nick is over-reacting to Janice, however, I do think his reaction is heightened somewhat by the fact that he was already feeling wounded by Jeremy being so intent on visiting Paula.   Calling Paula a "friend" is stretching it, imo.  They aren't really friends - they had one disastrous date that Paula would just as soon forget.  So I'm a bit puzzled as to why Jeremy feels this need to see her.  Is he still feeling a bit guilty over the date or is he still ambivalent about accepting his sexuality?  He's sending mixed messages, imo, and I don't blame Nick for being miffed by it.  Fascinating stuff, Louise - thanks!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #382 on: July 04, 2009, 07:59:54 pm »
SPOILERS
.   Calling Paula a "friend" is stretching it, imo.  They aren't really friends - they had one disastrous date that Paula would just as soon forget.  So I'm a bit puzzled as to why Jeremy feels this need to see her.  Is he still feeling a bit guilty over the date or is he still ambivalent about accepting his sexuality?  He's sending mixed messages, imo, and I don't blame Nick for being miffed by it.  Fascinating stuff, Louise - thanks!

There's a lot more to Jeremy than meets the eye... and Nick knows it.  He's been with enough men to know that Jeremy hasn't got it all settled in his mind, despite all of his protestations to the contrary!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #383 on: July 05, 2009, 12:14:43 am »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #384 on: July 05, 2009, 10:27:00 am »

More fiasco unfolds!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/316611.html

SPOILERS

Oh, geez, and I thought the next phase of the fiasco would entail the return of Nurse Janice, but I should've known you had more up your sleeve! 

Ellery really can be insufferable.  In addition to the morphine shot, can someone put some duct tape on his mouth?  He's stirring up shit everywhere and antagonizing everyone just because he can! 

I'm rolling my eyes along with Pam  ::)  Katie Ann is trying to make up for sticking her foot in her mouth with the line about Jeremy not acting "straight enough"  by flirtiing with Jeremy, and Jeremy is trying to regain his ...... I don't know ..... pride?  "manliness"?  by making googly eyes back at her.  No, he certainly hasn't got it all settled in his mind.  Well, he wanted to go to the hospital and I guess he's getting that part of his wish granted.  And where did Nick go I wonder?  And how and when will he find out about Jeremy?  One thing Jeremy and I agree upon is that it is indeed a fuckin mess.

But, as always, you gotta love Joe, who is solid as a rock. Thanks, Louise!  I'm not even going to try to guess what happens next.......
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #385 on: July 05, 2009, 01:41:50 pm »
SPOILERS

Oh, geez, and I thought the next phase of the fiasco would entail the return of Nurse Janice, but I should've known you had more up your sleeve! 

Ellery really can be insufferable.  In addition to the morphine shot, can someone put some duct tape on his mouth?  He's stirring up shit everywhere and antagonizing everyone just because he can! 

I'm rolling my eyes along with Pam  ::)  Katie Ann is trying to make up for sticking her foot in her mouth with the line about Jeremy not acting "straight enough"  by flirtiing with Jeremy, and Jeremy is trying to regain his ...... I don't know ..... pride?  "manliness"?  by making googly eyes back at her.  No, he certainly hasn't got it all settled in his mind.  Well, he wanted to go to the hospital and I guess he's getting that part of his wish granted.  And where did Nick go I wonder?  And how and when will he find out about Jeremy?  One thing Jeremy and I agree upon is that it is indeed a fuckin mess.

But, as always, you gotta love Joe, who is solid as a rock. Thanks, Louise!  I'm not even going to try to guess what happens next.......

you know how to call em, Marie.  And while Joe seems to be the solid rock, he IS after all avoiding the Sunday barbecue at his house!  (or so he says.)

Things eventually have to get back to normal at Chez Cantrell, but it's not going to happen right away...!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #386 on: July 05, 2009, 02:54:40 pm »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #387 on: July 05, 2009, 08:53:23 pm »
you know how to call em, Marie.  And while Joe seems to be the solid rock, he IS after all avoiding the Sunday barbecue at his house!  (or so he says.)

Things eventually have to get back to normal at Chez Cantrell, but it's not going to happen right away...!

Yeah, I wonder what's up with Joe and the Sunday barbecue..... and "normal" for Chez Cantrell is a relative term to say the least!  :laugh:

And here's chapter 112!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/316713.html

SPOILERS

You know, it's amazing that I almost feel like one of the characters in that Ellery has the same effect on me that he does on everyone else in town - I want to strangle him at times, but I also find him irresistible, and I hate seeing him in so much pain.  I guess I need to remind myself that it's only been a few days since he was hit on the head.  But I feel so bad for Colson - I can see why he's so worried about all that morphine and it must be agony for him to feel so helpless while Ellery is suffering so. 

Scrap the duct tape for Ellery - he'll be sleeping soundly soon.  But can we use it on Katie Ann?  Good Lord.  Get those girls out of there, Wes!  Thanks, Louise!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #388 on: July 06, 2009, 08:49:51 pm »
Yeah, I wonder what's up with Joe and the Sunday barbecue..... and "normal" for Chez Cantrell is a relative term to say the least!  :laugh:

SPOILERS

You know, it's amazing that I almost feel like one of the characters in that Ellery has the same effect on me that he does on everyone else in town - I want to strangle him at times, but I also find him irresistible, and I hate seeing him in so much pain.  I guess I need to remind myself that it's only been a few days since he was hit on the head.  But I feel so bad for Colson - I can see why he's so worried about all that morphine and it must be agony for him to feel so helpless while Ellery is suffering so. 

Scrap the duct tape for Ellery - he'll be sleeping soundly soon.  But can we use it on Katie Ann?  Good Lord.  Get those girls out of there, Wes!  Thanks, Louise!

very interesting comment about Ellery... the problem is he gets by on his charm so much that when the charm fails what's left is anger, sarcasm and no patience at all, for anyone.

I'm finally settled in at my new home and working on the next chapter now...!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #389 on: July 06, 2009, 09:35:13 pm »
and now, back to the next-to-the-busiest place in Tourmaline right now!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/317015.html  Chapter 113!