Author Topic: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale  (Read 259677 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale
« Reply #420 on: July 13, 2009, 12:58:48 pm »
SPOILERS

Well, well, well, the lady doth protest too much, methinks!

All it’d take is a nice lookin girl ta start showin Jeremy all sorts of attention with his bad ankle an all, maybe even goin up there an cookin an lookin after em an all – without even bein asked, an lookin all innocent at the same time –“

Man oh man, does he have her number, or what?   :laugh: 

“That went well,” Colson commented, looking at the phone.

Actually, I think it did - from Colson's end at least.  He made his point quite well and didn't get sucked into the melodrama.  Now we need to have Jeremy do his part - or, maybe I should say, not to do his part!  And leave it to the Chief Deputy, even in his state, to be aware of the exact amount of Glenfiddle left in the bottle!  Thanks, Louise!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #421 on: July 13, 2009, 01:47:19 pm »
SPOILERS

Well, well, well, the lady doth protest too much, methinks!

All it’d take is a nice lookin girl ta start showin Jeremy all sorts of attention with his bad ankle an all, maybe even goin up there an cookin an lookin after em an all – without even bein asked, an lookin all innocent at the same time –“

Man oh man, does he have her number, or what?   :laugh: 

“That went well,” Colson commented, looking at the phone.

Actually, I think it did - from Colson's end at least.  He made his point quite well and didn't get sucked into the melodrama.  Now we need to have Jeremy do his part - or, maybe I should say, not to do his part!  And leave it to the Chief Deputy, even in his state, to be aware of the exact amount of Glenfiddle left in the bottle!  Thanks, Louise!

Ellery watches the scotch bottle like a hawk! which doesn't bode well for his addictive tendencies, certainly!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #422 on: July 13, 2009, 02:16:53 pm »
I'm all caught up with the latest chapters. And boy, oh boy, it never rains but it pours right?

I couldn't believe all the drama that is going on. Someone should bang a few heads together and make people see sense. Jeez, at this rate, Ellery will end up in the hospital again because it's the only place he can get some peace and quiet!

Maybe Wes should be a big, and I mean a very big 'DO NOT DISTURB - SHERIFF'S ORDERS' sign in the front yard.

But....it's so much fun reading! Thanks Louise.  :)

I wonder how Paula's doing.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #423 on: July 13, 2009, 05:57:43 pm »
I'm all caught up with the latest chapters. And boy, oh boy, it never rains but it pours right?

I couldn't believe all the drama that is going on. Someone should bang a few heads together and make people see sense. Jeez, at this rate, Ellery will end up in the hospital again because it's the only place he can get some peace and quiet!

Maybe Wes should be a big, and I mean a very big 'DO NOT DISTURB - SHERIFF'S ORDERS' sign in the front yard.

But....it's so much fun reading! Thanks Louise.  :)

I wonder how Paula's doing.

but who is going to do the banging?  they're all busy solving crimes!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #424 on: July 13, 2009, 08:26:55 pm »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #425 on: July 13, 2009, 09:02:31 pm »
SPOILERS

Oh, crap.   :-\  And things were looking so promising with that pool boy and general gofer position getting filled so quickly!

Poor Paula with her painfully bandaged feet and poor Jeremy hobbling on his crutches - most of me feels sorry for both of them.  But a part of me is a little irritated with the two of them for the mixed messages they keep putting out there!  Poor Henry, too.  He's so genuinely concerned for Paula and so sincerely interested in her.

You may have to wait until your feet are healed, but you'll kick yourself if you blow this, Paula!  Thanks, Louise!

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #426 on: July 13, 2009, 09:21:51 pm »
SPOILERS

Oh, crap.   :-\  And things were looking so promising with that pool boy and general gofer position getting filled so quickly!

Poor Paula with her painfully bandaged feet and poor Jeremy hobbling on his crutches - most of me feels sorry for both of them.  But a part of me is a little irritated with the two of them for the mixed messages they keep putting out there!  Poor Henry, too.  He's so genuinely concerned for Paula and so sincerely interested in her.

You may have to wait until your feet are healed, but you'll kick yourself if you blow this, Paula!  Thanks, Louise!

nothing is ever easy in my stories except how readily Ellery consumes baked goods and Wayne comes up with a new way to get under Colson's skin.  The romances - they're never that easy!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #427 on: July 14, 2009, 08:41:49 pm »

Chapter 121!

And yes, we are getting close to the end!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/319174.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #428 on: July 14, 2009, 09:41:07 pm »

Chapter 121!

And yes, we are getting close to the end!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/319174.html

SPOILERS

Even if they can't prosecute, Wes realizes that none of them will be able to rest until they know "who and "why."  And they need rest!  Dust off those mug books ....

“I like ta think it’s gotten less wicked, at least as far as people toleratin queers more than they used ta,” Ellery said with determination, and this time, when he looked at Colson, he held his sober gaze. “An I like ta think I’m makin a difference in that direction.”

I think you are, Ellery.  And you've got some good people by your side, too.   :)  Thanks, Louise!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #429 on: July 14, 2009, 10:33:47 pm »
and now... of course...

I have to contemplate WHAT TO DO NEXT.