Author Topic: MTV Movie Awards Nominations?  (Read 2858 times)

Offline Überlibran

• Jr. Ranch Hand
MTV Movie Awards Nominations?
« on: March 31, 2006, 10:46:08 pm »
Has anybody heard anything about the noms? I was looking forward to seeing Jake and Heath nominated for best kiss  and thought they were supposed to announce it Monday, bu haven't heard a peep. Anyone have an update on what's going on?

Also... just wondering if anyone has heard from Janis (ndatmo) from the CT IMDb board. She's the one who invited me to the Tremblay board, but haven't seen her post in weeks. Did we lose her to attrition, or did she simply stop posting? I miss her.  :-\
One must talk, talk, talk - it is only by talking that we shall caper upon the summit; otherwise the mountains will overshadow us.

http://users.livejournal.com/_sepia

Offline two_bloody_shirts

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • First Kisses
Re: MTV Movie Awards Nominations?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 10:53:40 pm »
I heard the same thing, even read it on an article that noms would be announced Monday.  Maybe there is a delay?  Or maybe the report was wrong.   ???
Love.  You have a problem with it?

~Grace~

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 10:55:07 pm »
I'm not sure, but keep us updated if you hear anything!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Überlibran

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 11:55:36 pm »
I'll be sure to update if I hear anything. I guess I'll break down and register with MTV.com so I can find out when the news breaks (yes, I'm that desperate). And you guys, if that reunion kiss doesn't win, y'all can spank me and call me Shirley :P. I don't think I've ever seen a more desperate, needy, soul-consuming kiss on-screen. I should be so fortunate as to have someone kiss me like that one day. *sigh*
One must talk, talk, talk - it is only by talking that we shall caper upon the summit; otherwise the mountains will overshadow us.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 12:40:19 pm »
I invited Janis and she replied, but I don't think she's shown up yet.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2006, 12:17:51 pm »
I think Heath and Jake will do it.  I am happily thinking that Heath and Jake will do it.  And then they will show Heath back at his table with his arm around Michelle.  And Jake alone, and we can watch YouTube to our hearts' content.  That's my dream, and I'm stickin to it.

Offline bbm_stitchbuffyfan

• Ennis and Jack are Forever
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2006, 12:29:30 pm »
I don't know what to expect as far as Brokeback and the MTV Movie Awards. I truly think Brokeback can do better but whatever...

I am eager to hear the nominations though just because I want to see if Brokeback gets any and what for.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 10:03:03 pm by bbm_stitchbuffyfan »
If you'd just realize what I just realized then we'd be perfect for each other and we'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other now
We missed out on each other now

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

Offline Überlibran

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2006, 02:33:53 pm »
Stitchbuffyfan, I don't really care about the MTV awards usually, either. I don't even care if BBM wins Best Picture at the awards, considering the past winners and the usual reasons behind the voting. But I would like to see the reunion kiss get some recognition - it's a truly beautiful moment between Ennis and Jack. And also, it's just another flimsy excuse so I see it again, too.  ;D

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2006, 03:40:53 pm »
I think Heath and Jake will do it.  I am happily thinking that Heath and Jake will do it.  And then they will show Heath back at his table with his arm around Michelle.  And Jake alone, and we can watch YouTube to our hearts' content.  That's my dream, and I'm stickin to it.

LOL! that's a dream I can jump on board with!  ::)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline bbm_stitchbuffyfan

• Ennis and Jack are Forever
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2006, 10:02:37 pm »
Stitchbuffyfan, I don't really care about the MTV awards usually, either. I don't even care if BBM wins Best Picture at the awards, considering the past winners and the usual reasons behind the voting. But I would like to see the reunion kiss get some recognition - it's a truly beautiful moment between Ennis and Jack. And also, it's just another flimsy excuse so I see it again, too.

Rock on, friend.  :)

I too want to see them do the kiss again though not much can match the original.
If you'd just realize what I just realized then we'd be perfect for each other and we'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other now
We missed out on each other now

R.I.P. Heath Ledger