Author Topic: "Modest Mouse to Release Music Video Directed by Heath Ledger "  (Read 2347 times)

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
http://www.thecelebritycafe.com/features/25638.html

Modest Mouse to Release Music Video Directed by Heath Ledger
13-Mar-2009
Written by: Sophie Duensing

Modest Mouse is releasing a music video directed by the late Heath Ledger.

Modest Mouse will be releasing their music video directed by the late Heath Ledger, before he died in January of last year, Spin.com reports. The Oscar winning Dark Knight actor directed the band’s animated video for “King Rat,” a bonus track off their 2007 album, We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank.

"Heath and I have a mutual friend and when we were in Australia, my fiancée and some of us in the band went out on a boat with him and his family and friends and talked about the idea," Modest Mouse front man Isaac Brock told VH1. "The idea sort of dropped, but then he just sent me an email saying that he wanted to do it."

Modest Mouse will be performing on Late Show with David Letterman on March 18. They will be finishing the final leg of their U.S. tour this weekend, Spin.com reports.

Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: "Modest Mouse to Release Music Video Directed by Heath Ledger "
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 08:25:53 pm »
This is a must-see!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 04:46:42 am »
A friend of mine got me on to Modest Mouse a few years back.  I wasn't aware that Heath had directed a video for them.  A must see definitely!
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 09:18:42 am »
http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/03/15/heath-ledger-directed-terry-gilliam-animated-modest-mouse-music-video-to-be-released/

Heath Ledger-Directed, Terry Gilliam-Animated Modest Mouse Music Video To Be Released?
Posted on Sunday, March 15th, 2009 at 11:04 pm by: Peter Sciretta

Before his death, Heath Ledger directed a music video for the indie rock band Modest Mouse, animated by filmmaker Terry Gilliam. The music video is for the track King Rat, a bonus track from the band’s 2007 release We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank. There had been rumors that the video would never be completed or released, but a spokesman for the band recently told SPIN that the video will be released “soon”, but did not specify a date.

One has to wonder how much of the video was completed under Ledger’s direction. Either way, I’m interested to see it based on the sole fact that it was animated by Gilliam. Thanks to /Film reader Andrew G for the tip.