Author Topic: Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig oraibh!  (Read 6864 times)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig oraibh!
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 06:33:31 pm »

If green beer isn't repulsive enough, here's what happened to President O'Bama's White House today:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/29735206#29735206

Oy veh iz mir.

(Now that's  Irish.)
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 08:43:17 pm »
So I had my dinner of corned beef and cabbage this evening, and I tried Jameson's on the rocks. Pretty good. It won't convert me from being a scotch drinker, but Jameson's would be good to drink on a cold night--or when you have a cold--because it made me feel warm all the way down.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2009, 03:06:40 am »

http://www.slashfood.com/2006/03/16/how-to-make-green-beer/

How to make green beer

"No special process is involved in producing this St. Patrick's Day novelty drink. Simply add 5-6 drops of green food coloring to your beer and gently stir. Go for a bright color because a yellow-ish green is off putting no matter how fast you plan to down your drink. It is also best to go with lighter ales as opposed to a dark stout, like Guinness. To get a green color out of a Guinness, you would have to add enough food coloring to turn your teeth green when you take a sip. There are many other Irish beers available to help you get into the St. Paddy's Day Spirit, even though it might be easier to pick up a six pack of anything that comes in a green bottle to begin with."

::)

:laugh: and  :o

A yellow-ish green is off putting, hunh? The dark green doesn't look very inviting either!

Thanks for the explanation John.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2009, 07:42:58 pm »
They have been teaching Irish in the schools since independence from Britian, but they should have put effort into broadcasting at that time too, but then again they might not have all the American tourist now.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."