Author Topic: Kerry's Gallery  (Read 65310 times)

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
Re: Kerry's Gallery
« Reply #210 on: April 04, 2010, 07:00:17 pm »
OMG!Q!!!! what lovely paintings you have done. How long have you been an artist, Kerry? I just loved the portraits (the one with you and your mum was amazing) and the abstract paintings were so great. The abstract paintings would do so well in my apartment. :P
 have you done any paintings with BBM related theme?  :)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 05, 2010, 12:38:15 am »
OMG!Q!!!! what lovely paintings you have done. How long have you been an artist, Kerry? I just loved the portraits (the one with you and your mum was amazing) and the abstract paintings were so great. The abstract paintings would do so well in my apartment. :P
 have you done any paintings with BBM related theme?  :)

Many thanks for your kind words. I've been painting all my life. I can't remember a time in my life when I didn't paint. Studied art at school, majoring in art history and practice in high school. Alas, I didn't pursue art following school, but it always has remained an important part of my life. Undertook some life drawing courses over the years. I see artistic expression as a meditation, be it painting portraits or abstracts, or drawing satirical cartoons. It helps to keep me sane.   :)

I've not done any BBM related artwork. But I think you may have just given me an idea. Watch this space!  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #212 on: April 05, 2010, 08:26:28 am »
Many thanks for your kind words. I've been painting all my life. I can't remember a time in my life when I didn't paint. Studied art at school, majoring in art history and practice in high school. Alas, I didn't pursue art following school, but it always has remained an important part of my life. Undertook some life drawing courses over the years. I see artistic expression as a meditation, be it painting portraits or abstracts, or drawing satirical cartoons. It helps to keep me sane.   :)

I've not done any BBM related artwork. But I think you may have just given me an idea. Watch this space!  :D

I am looking forward to it!  :)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 25, 2010, 08:30:15 pm »

Welcome to
Kerry's Gallery

Like most children, I started painting at an early age. Unlike most children, however, I never grew out of my passion and love for painting and drawing.

Though I have not worked professionally as an artist, my art has never ceased to sustain and nourish me throughout my life. It keeps me grounded and centered. My art provides a place where I can retreat and hide when the going gets tough. A safe refuge. My art is always there for me. When I am painting, time and space cease to exist for me.

I have opened this thread to act as an on-line gallery of some of the paintings I have scanned, and also as a place where I can showcase my new paintings as they are painted. In time, I will be auctioning some of my future paintings on e-Bay.

I have started with the above portrait of my friend, Geri. It is painted in the abstract style I was experimenting with at the time. It is influenced by stained glass window design and by the painting style of Amedeo Modigliani. It is executed in French Conte pastels on stretched canvas with highlights in oil paint. It is 90cm x 60cm (3ft x 2ft) in size.

I hope you will enjoy my gallery. You are very welcome to visit at any time, to see more of my paintings as they are posted. 

Way back in March 2009, I started this thread with the above post, depicting the portrait of my friend, Geri.

A few minutes ago, I received a phone call, notifying me of Geri's death.

Geri was diagnosed with cancer just before Easter this year. She was attached to a morphine drip three weeks ago and placed in a medically induced coma last week. She died at 1.15 a.m. today, Monday 26 July 2010 AEST.

Her funeral will be a Requiem Mass in Hobart, Tasmania, which will also be attended by a local convent of Buddhist nuns and representatives of the local Russian Orthodox Church community.

Geri was a beautiful, gentle, compassionate person, who will be greatly missed.

Rest in Peace, Geri. 
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #214 on: July 26, 2010, 04:06:38 pm »
I'm sorry about the loss of your friend Kerry.

I'm sure you have many good memories of her, hope you can draw comfort from them.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #215 on: July 26, 2010, 04:10:01 pm »
This last post of yours drew my attention to this thread, which I've never seen before.

I've looked through the whole thread, and I'm in awe at your talent as a painter Kerry!

There are so many beautiful ones among them, and I especially like the portraits! All of them are amazing!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #216 on: July 26, 2010, 04:34:18 pm »
RIP Geri

:'(
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 09, 2010, 11:44:51 pm »
This last post of yours drew my attention to this thread, which I've never seen before.

I've looked through the whole thread, and I'm in awe at your talent as a painter Kerry!

There are so many beautiful ones among them, and I especially like the portraits! All of them are amazing!

Many thanks for your kind words, Sonja.  :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #218 on: August 10, 2010, 02:24:37 am »
Oh Kerry! I am so sorry. I just now came across this!! :'( :'( :'(

Rest In Peace Geri!!!!

Kerry, I am SOOOO sorry for your loss, honey!! :-* :-* :'( :'(

And I'm so sorry for my delay in responding. There's no excuse for it. :(
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 10, 2010, 09:35:22 am »
Oh Kerry! I am so sorry. I just now came across this!! :'( :'( :'(

Rest In Peace Geri!!!!

Kerry, I am SOOOO sorry for your loss, honey!! :-* :-* :'( :'(

And I'm so sorry for my delay in responding. There's no excuse for it. :(

Nothing to be sorry for, David. I appreciate your caring message. Thank you.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν