Author Topic: The Coffee Poll  (Read 23181 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: The Coffee Poll
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 07:21:56 pm »
I need to know......

David mentioned earlier that he had not heard of coffee flavoured milk in cartons and bottles.

Do you or dont you have that over there?

I just looked it up and found this, and apparently it is unique to Australia. I didn't know that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farmers_Union_Iced_Coffee
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2009, 09:13:16 pm »
I need to know......

David mentioned earlier that he had not heard of coffee flavoured milk in cartons and bottles.

I just looked it up and found this, and apparently it is unique to Australia. I didn't know that.

Coffee-flavored ice cream we've got--and I love it!--but I've never heard of coffee-flavored milk either.

I've seen bottles of--something--with the Starbuck's label on it in stores, but I don't drink it so I have no idea what it is.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Katie77

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2009, 09:17:17 pm »
Coffee-flavored ice cream we've got--and I love it!--but I've never heard of coffee-flavored milk either.

I've seen bottles of--something--with the Starbuck's label on it in stores, but I don't drink it so I have no idea what it is.

I am flabergasted.....in a nation of so many coffee drinkers, that you dont have cofee flavoured milk.

Do you have strawberry, chocolate and vanilla flavoured milk?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2009, 09:28:37 pm »

I thought it was just me! :laugh:

When I go into the milk section I just grab a carton of milk. I don't really look around too much. I know we have chocolate milk here, and strawberry milk. But I've never heard of ice coffee milk. They might have it though. The next time I'm at the grocery store I'll look. :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2009, 09:30:20 pm »
I am flabergasted.....in a nation of so many coffee drinkers, that you dont have cofee flavoured milk.

Do you have strawberry, chocolate and vanilla flavoured milk?

Yup! :D

We have chocolate milk and strawberry milk. Not sure about the vanilla milk though. Probably! :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2009, 09:38:07 pm »

It's really coffee-flavored milk? Not just a bottled cappuccino (?), or something?

(?) = I don't drink it so I'm not sure how to spell it!  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

karen1129

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2009, 09:52:38 pm »
I need to know......

Dang, I wish we had that here.

Offline Katie77

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2009, 10:26:15 pm »
It's really coffee-flavored milk? Not just a bottled cappuccino (?), or something?

(?) = I don't drink it so I'm not sure how to spell it!  :laugh:

Yes it is definately coffee flavoured milk same as chocolate or strawberry.

and different flavours of coffee flavours as well, like capuchino, mocha etc...

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2009, 10:31:35 pm »
Those look good, Sue!  The bottom picture of the iced coffee - we can get individual size cans of different kinds of iced coffee here - Starbucks sells one and I know Cinnabon sells one, too.  I'm sure there are others.

But the coffee milk I haven't seen either and all the talk about it made me curious b/c, being a coffee lover, it sounds really good!  I did a google search and found out that coffee milk is "The Official State Drink of Rhode Island."  It's made by adding a coffee syrup to cold milk.  Here's the link to the "Rhode Island Coffee Milk - Coffee Cabinet" site (Coffee Cabinet is what they call a coffee milkshake):

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Beverage/CoffeeMilk.htm
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Katie77

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2009, 10:38:20 pm »
Thanks Marie, that article is very interesting....but inaccurate, saying its the only place in the world where you can get it.

Coffee flavoured milk has been around since I was a kid in the sixties. As a kid I did not drink it, preferring the sweeter chocolate or strawberry, but as Ive got older, I do prefer it, if I want a flavoured milk.

I am still amazed that it is not a big market product in America.