Author Topic: And this is who runs our country...  (Read 17097 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
And this is who runs our country...
« on: July 17, 2006, 09:54:45 am »
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbOTQhWlF24

No more beans!

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
Re: And this is who runs our country...
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 10:05:24 am »
/sigh

I can't do either.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 12:49:53 pm »
I'm sorry but it made me laugh. Worry, but laugh.
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

vkm91941

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 12:57:21 pm »
It is funny in a pathetic, disappointing and humiliating kind of way.  :-\
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 04:36:41 pm by vkm91941 »

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 03:55:29 pm »
right on Vic!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 04:11:18 pm »
What is it about? I'm on dial-up at my house and this would take about 2 hours to load up.

Is it a jab at President Bush? If so, I'm getting digital Internet tonight!

By the way, did you hear about the slip up at the G8 today? President Bush thought the microphone was turned off and he said a BAAAAAAAAAAAD word!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

vkm91941

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 04:38:41 pm »
What is it about? I'm on dial-up at my house and this would take about 2 hours to load up.

Is it a jab at President Bush? If so, I'm getting digital Internet tonight!

By the way, did you hear about the slip up at the G8 today? President Bush thought the microphone was turned off and he said a BAAAAAAAAAAAD word!  :D

It's classic GWB flubs and embrassing VERY public fowl-us in the guise of David Letterman's Top Ten List.  Top Ten Favorite GWB moments.  And this man is supposed to be the leader of the free world.....  Shhhheeeeshhh..... no wonder we have no credibility.

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 05:37:35 pm »
I agree with you Vicky on the credability isssue.  In alot of countries they protect their leaders credability more than they do here. I have no idea why they publcize that kind of stuff on television when theres a war going on. They make this country look so stupid to the world. That's why they don't respect us. I think that there should be a limit to what the news is allowed to reveal about the leader of the free world. I know, amendment 1, rights for the press and  freedom of speech, blah ,blah  blah.

We need these rights. But our own press telling the whole world every weakness in our president and country is so harmful to us. Because we loose respect all over the world, It puts our men and woman on the front line and us here in America in even more danger..
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 06:51:28 pm by Arad-3 »

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 06:40:13 pm »
Believe me Arad when I say that the credibility of America as the leader of the free world does not rest on the public flubs of your president. Ye shall be judged by your actions - ie: with regards to creating a war in Iraq instead of pursuing Bin Laden, but allowing Korea and Iran to develop neuclear weapons, the criminal harassement of travellers to your country because they are HIV+, the criminal way "war criminals" have been treated in prisons in Iraq and on Cuban soil, the continuing denial of rights to gays in general (the gay mariage issue in particular), not to mention the accademy awards.

No, your country's reputation as the best in the world is not being tarnished by your president's flubs, like bumping his head on the ceiling of a helicopter - it's Amerca's continuing support of non-freedom policies that is making the world over develop it's views of America as the land that is not free (there's the joke! - I've been to the states once in the past 10 years [I live less than a 2 hour car ride away from the border] - & that was to get from the maritimes to southern Ontario).

Sorry for the rant - but it felt good.
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 06:51:15 pm »
Believe me Arad when I say that the credibility of America as the leader of the free world does not rest on the public flubs of your president. Ye shall be judged by your actions

Wow - you do know that these policies are not a reflection of what everyone here thinks are right or honorable or universally held values?  I think my favorite commentary on politics these days is Team America: World Police.  It is a raunchy comedy by the guys who created South Park, and the entire cast is played by marionettes - just perfect that they should all be puppets.

There is no one who gets the moral high ground in that movie, and I think it's the same with American politics.  Everyone has polluted that water, and no one gets out free by aligning themselves with a party or position.  And maybe I'm stepping in the middle of things, but George Bush doesn't need David Letterman to make him look foolish.

Did you see the press conference recently where he was giving a reporter a hard time about wearing sunglasses?  Turns out the reporter is blind.  The reporter was pretty good about it.  He was only unhappy that the President never answered his questions.  Bush needs no help to look bad...
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)