Author Topic: My heart skips a beat when I see the name "Tremblay".  (Read 2574 times)

Offline starboardlight

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • nipith.com
My heart skips a beat when I see the name "Tremblay".
« on: July 17, 2006, 09:56:15 am »
I was watching C.R.A.Z.Y. during OutFest. It's a film out set in Montreal. Several times during the movie, the name "Tremblay" was mentioned, and during the credits the name "Tremblay" went by several times. Each and every time, I think of you all and it brings a smile to my face. At one point I even gave a little cheer. My buddy sitting next to me looked over and gave me a  ??? . He he he.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline j.U.d.E.

Re: My heart skips a beat when I see the name "Tremblay".
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 10:10:40 am »
I was watching C.R.A.Z.Y. during OutFest. It's a film out set in Montreal. Several times during the movie, the name "Tremblay" was mentioned, and during the credits the name "Tremblay" went by several times. Each and every time, I think of you all and it brings a smile to my face. At one point I even gave a little cheer. My buddy sitting next to me looked over and gave me a  ??? . He he he.
I was thinking the EXACT same thing yesterday! Funny! In the credits, there was even someone with the name "Proulx"! There is no quittin', I tell you!  ;D

Marvellous movie! The Zac actor is fantastic (the kid and the grown up)!

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 11:02:11 am »
Here, here!  I am proud to have clapped and cheered when Pierre Tremblay's name went by in the credits at The Castro.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 11:06:28 am »

Hee hee is right.. but remember, Pierre told us his name in French is as common as John Smith in English.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 12:04:14 pm »
I haven't seen it anywhere other than the Brokeback credits yet, but if I do, I'm sure it will be the same for me!  How could it be otherwise?  ;)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 04:21:07 pm »
I was thinking the EXACT same thing yesterday! Funny! In the credits, there was even someone with the name "Proulx"! There is no quittin', I tell you!  ;D

Marvellous movie! The Zac actor is fantastic (the kid and the grown up)!

~ j U d E

that's right! there was a Proulx. I remember cheering at that too.

yeah, I love this movie. both actors were really good. they both got me to really care about Zak. I love that even as a child, the actor was able to bring both vulnerability and strength to the character at the same time. Definitely complex and nuanced performances by both actors..
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.