Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE~~ Critics Gallery  (Read 196348 times)

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
~~THE PERFORMANCE~~ Critics Gallery
« on: July 17, 2006, 05:02:55 pm »
Since I've noticed many people posting compliments and such in the middle of the performance, where it is surely welcomed, I thought I would start up this topic where people can praise/critique the performance to their hearts content without fear of disruption.  Enjoy.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE~~ Critics Gallery
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 05:13:09 pm »
Great idea Daniel!   :)

Let me be the first to say that YOUNG JACK (Daniel) and YOUNG ENNIS (DeeDee) are doing a heck of a job!

The two of you single-handedly sent the temperatures soaring by that TS2 action yesterday!  ;D
Keep up the excellent work! 

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 05:23:16 pm »
Glad you're enjoying it....

Dee and I are both enjoying this scene (TS2) as we can really demonstrate how meaningful it is, both to us and to the storyline.

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 05:24:37 pm »
Let me be the first to say that YOUNG JACK (Daniel) and YOUNG ENNIS (DeeDee) are doing a heck of a job!

Well, in that case let me be the second to say it! *Great* work you guys. I'm looking very much forward to more!  :)

And also I'd like to praise Meryl for the saga of the High Priestess' experiences as a truly TALL pristess. Not to mention that transformation back to her true self. Woa!   :o  That was a wacky, creative and dizzying ride! Swirling colours and unexpected events, movements in every direction, one incarnation stranger than the next. A truly inventive voyage through life, the universe and everything - back to your  wiser and happier true self. BRAVO! :D

Also big cheers and bravos to everyone else who contributes to making this the Brokeback experience bar none. Keep going!  :) :-*

« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 05:27:47 pm by Mikaela »

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 05:25:01 pm »

You guys are truly Twisted!

Sometimes I'm laughing so much, I can hardly stand it. ;)

The hilarity, the parody, the parallel process (poor Jack and Ennis are almost upstaged by lube and a cumrag, of all things; not to mention the randy Cigar Butt and singing Dumbass Mule). Then there's the downright bizarre HP, etc., and a creative and eager supporting cast.

At the rate that BrokenArsed is going, Ennis won't be offered any cherry cake until 2010.

You all deserve an Acade-Ray award.

I have to admit I check in several times a day. Look at the >10,000 views.
Keep it up.

Paul

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 05:26:38 pm »
Well, in that case let me be the second to say it! Great work you guys. I'm looking forward to more!  :)

And also I'd like to praise Meryl for the saga of the High Priestess' experiences as a truly TALL pristess. Not to mentionn that transformation back to her true self. Woa!   :o  That was a wacky, creative and dizzying ride! Swirling colours and unexpected events, movements in every direction, one incarnation stranger than the next. A truly inventive voyage through life, the universe and everything - back to your true, wiser and happier self. BRAVO! :D

Oh is that what all thost pictures and shriekings were???.... I couldn't tell.

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 05:53:55 pm »
What a great idea Daniel!  I wish I'd thought of it...

Well I think you and DeeDee already know how much I love your performances as our beloved YOUNG JACK and YOUNG  ENNIS, but I have only ever told you privately in the Green Room up until now.  So I would like to tell you publicly here that I LOVE your portrayals of our beloved boys, you two just keep getting better and better and better....  You've got the channeling of Jack and Ennis down to an art, and SNIT is good and hot, it's perfect!

And as for the rest of our stupendous cast, I can't name you all for fear I inadvertently leave someone out, but I just want you to know that I think you are all doing a wonderful show!  I love the show, and I love the humour!  :laugh: :laugh:  I keep wondering "where / how do you all plan all this stuff, where do you rehearse?  This cannot all be spontaneous replies to one another, can it??"   So far I have not been able to find your secret rehearsal hall...   Can anyone figure out a way to invite the cast of the First Brokeback Mountain to come and view our little Masterpiece?

CD JT
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 06:00:22 pm »
Actually, I was kinda wonderin' if there was a way to do just that... :)

I also think this would make a great off-broadway comedy/musical. It would of course have to be edited a little bit, but we're all on the floor laughing.

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 06:47:00 pm »

That thread is some high class entertainment, if you ask me!!! :laugh:

Good Job everybody!!! Especially Jack and Ennis! Gotta love you guys!!
:-*

Here you see the Props Magician working hard all weekend, checking out new filming locations an all...  ;D

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 06:50:56 pm »
Thanks, Daniel, for starting this thread.  Great idea!  8)  You and Dee Dee are doing a superb job with Jack and Ennis.  We need a bowing smiley for you, but this will have to do  :-*

Mikaela, MWAH!  :-* to you for that nice review!  Your Mika the Dumbass Mule is incredibly smart and a delight--I love what you've done with her!  I appreciate the feedback.  It's been so much fun just seeing where the HP will take me--I didn't at all expect to go so far when we started, but blame it on the FSD's delivering Heath to the HP's chambers.  She started it!  ;)  ;D

Alec716 and saucycobblers--you guys are a brilliant (and sexy) team!   Thanks for helping create the Relic Room adventures and for the inspired Ennis/Jack parallel tent scene. ;)

Must mention the wonderfulness of Ray's Director, Celeste's FSD, Sashca's Cigar Butt/Jack's Pants, Pipedream's Owl/Props Magician and Lucise's Indapaddock, Ellemeno's Wind/Asst. Director, Jenny's LSP Mare, JakeTwist's Continuity Director and Atz75's Sun/Moon, among the many outstanding efforts.  Thanks to you all for lots of laughs and a few tears.  :-*

Becky, who knew what your Casting Thread would morph into, thanks to Ray?  This 'production' has been unique in my internet experience, and more fun than anything.   I've described it as a piece of living folk art.  Whatever it is, it's a hoot.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...