Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE~~ Critics Gallery  (Read 196374 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE~~ Critics Gallery
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 06:58:27 pm »
I'm very glad U started this thread becuz I wanted to tell U all that the Sheepherding Chilean Filmlovers Society (SCFLS, or "Scofflaws") is just about to announce their nominees for the acclaimed Lambie awards!!!!! Stay tuned, award categories will be included for shameless scenestealing, most beloved prop, best use of bandwidth, and many many more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2006, 08:14:15 pm »
Everyone is farking brilliant, as the esteemed Director might say.  And to name one is to exclude another, so I will do neither.  But this is an incredible work of improvisation.

The fundamental rule of improv is to ALWAYS say to the other, "yes, and..."  Whatever comes up, to simply say yes and use the energy offered.  To say "no, but..." is to kill the flow of energy and bring the performance to a stand still.

BRAVO to everyone for always saying 'yes' to each other.  Whatever has emerged, whatever has been posted, has been met with a hearty 'yes' by the next one posting.  No judgement, no witholding, no censorships or sanctions.  Just an absolute 'yes' to moving forward in whatever direction inspiration provides.

This is the essence of relationship and community that stays open and alive.  With that 'yes' anything at all becomes possible ~ in ourselves, on this thread, in relationships and in this community.

Thank you each individually for your contribution to this amazing work of...art, life, love.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2006, 08:19:04 pm »
Meryl and Celeste ~

I second your thoughts there! 
I guess I was too lazy to type it all out!  :P

The production is a blast and i am having way too much fun LOL at some of the posts and participating in the fun!  And just think, we are only at the second tent scene!  There is tons more fun on the way!

Yeehaw!!  ;D
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 08:20:35 pm by Lucise »

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2006, 11:22:07 pm »
Thanks Daniel, for starting this thread. It's a great idea, and obviously we can't stop tripping over each other to praise our beloved cast and crew...

oh where to begin? I credit the perf thread with giving me a perma-smile more times this summer than I can count. Damn you perf thread! for bein so effing hilarious and so whacked out that it gives me hope for this crazy world. ANd now I will attempt to convey the appreciation I feel for everyone in this blessed production...

Lucise, your never ending posts of sheep photos as we waited for the action to begin had me entertained till, well, till the cows sheep came home, or got up on the mountain at least.

Daniel, my god boy, you got so much talent n' love n' musical numbers up yer sleeve, I just didn't know you had it in ya (yeah I did, I fuckin knew it). Keep up the good work!

DeeDee, who stepped up to the plate in a big way: I'm liking your sweet Ennis and his internal commentary. A whole new side of him, and you guys are truly great together. It's so fun to see this unfold with you holdin the reins.

Great job Courtney for the understudy of Ennis! We couldn't a kept goin without cha; good job little girl!

Alec, you are one of a kind. And with that first post, you might've just won yourself the Acada-Ray award for best performance by an inanimate object. I don't think I've witnessed so many scene-stealing cameos, reference-filled monologues, or double-entendres since the beginning of time. I'm so glad that JBB has come along to play counterpoint to you (even if she did try to take Jack away from me >:(), and you guys make the cutest couple! (Really, JBB, I can't blame ya, and you're indispensible to the production! (well, you're dispensible, cause you're a tube of body butter, but, well, you know what I mean.)

Man, the list goes on and on...The Wind, so timely and wistful (with her Cat Stevens and Kansas covers); the Moon--so sincere and beautiful; Jack's Pants--so aware of their good fortune (and jumping in at all the right times to give us an insider's view on all that action!);

Cigar Butt and Mika the Musical Dumbass Mule--great sub plot!! Great character development--Bravo!; Aguirre--so perfectly twisted in your Mr Potatohead animation and show-tune bravado;

Meryl--I love the demented way you've allowed the High Priestess to reign with her wild streak showing and freak flag flyin'...though glad to have you back to yourself after that breathless ride; FSD--words can never do justice to the thanks I have for your talents, always presented at just the right times, and in so many fascinating ways;

to the Continutity Director--for keeping us on track, THANK YOU!; to the Owls for their grouchy humor, and the Props Magician--this production would be nothing without your brilliant care of the cast and crew--feeding us, taking us to the spa, leading us through rituals of yoga and prayer, etc, etc;

to Mr. Raymille for his on-set direction, the illustration of his vision, his sexy casting skills, his humorous interjections as the blades of grass and judges, and his perfect inclusion of the kettle's thoughts during TS1;

To BECKY for starting it all in April--who would have ever known we could go so far--I didn't! Brilliant peeing and dying skills too, my dear.

To the Blue Heeler for your singing and your consistency with remembering your lines; to the Basque and the Bear for playing your crucial parts even AFTER the fact; to Julie for describing your role as the saliva string with such detail and love; to the stick hitting the coffee pot--you did so much with your brief 15 seconds of fame!

To the gods of Broken Arsed Mountain for blessing this whole crazy production, and if I left anyone out--forgive me! Everyone has been so brilliant and fun to work with! I've loved the ego trip I'm ridin as the LSP Horse. Wouldn't change a thing.

Let the show go on!

« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 11:26:05 pm by newyearsday »
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2006, 12:14:56 am »
Wow Jenny!
What excellent reviews and what a sweet post!  :-*

Right you are, the show goes on!  ;)

vkm91941

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2006, 12:35:21 am »
I just want to offer a great big BRAVO to everyone for all their E*X*C*E*L*L*E*N*T work to date!   We have the absolute best cast and crew anywhere. bar none:laugh:

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2006, 12:38:00 am »
:) :D ::) 8) :-*   We L:-*ve Us!   :-* 8) ::) :D :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 12:55:24 am by Ellemeno »

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2006, 12:40:55 am »
Thanks Jen for the kind words.  Now I will say, never in the history of the cinema, have there been a better horse.

You're take on LSP, is dead on.  You're funny and brilliant in your posts.  Had many laughs with that.  Keep up the "fun" work!
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2006, 06:23:13 am »

There is a nice German word for the thing we are doing here: Selbstbeweihräucherung!
It means that we are censing ourselves (= blow our own trumpet), and rightly so, I say!  ;D

Let's keep it going!
In honour of the occasion, I've weeded a bit through my music collection again...
  ;)

Ain't No Stopping Us Now! 
(McFadden & Whitehead)

(Now, are you all ready?
Are y'all ready?
Now we gonna do it with the fever
Yeah, Come on)

Ain't no stoppin' us now
We're on the move (yeah-ee-a, yeah-ee-a)
Ain't no stoppin' us now
We've got the groove
Spice Girls, check it out

There've been so many things that have held us down
But now it looks like things are finally comin' around, yeah
I know we've got a long long way to go, yeah
And where we'll end up
I don't know
But we won't let nothing hold us back
We gonna get ourselves together
We gonna polish up our act, yeah
And if you've ever been held down before
I know that you refuse to be held down any more, yeah yeah
Don't you let nothing, nothing
Nothing stand in your way
And all we gonna do
I want you to listen, listen (That's right)
To every word I say
Every word I say about it

Ain't no stoppin' us now
We're on the move
(You said it, we've got the groove)
Ain't no stoppin' us now
We've got the groove (Whoo-hoo-oo-oo Whoo-hoo-oo)
Ain't no stoppin' us now
We're on the move
(We've got the groove)
Ain't no stoppin' us now
We've got the groove (Yeah)

Look, Lemme tell you this
I know you know someone who's got a negative vibe (Euhh)
And if you only help it will only keep it alive (Sh-yeah)
They really don't have nowhere to go
Ask 'em where they're going
They don't know
But we won't let nothing hold us back
We gonna get ourselves together, come on
We gonna polish up our act, yeah
And if you've ever been held down before
I know that you refuse to be held down any more, Oh oh oh

Don't you let nothing, nothing
(I won't do it) Stand in your way (No no)
And all we gonna do
I want you to listen, listen
To every word I say
Every word I say about it

Ain't no stoppin' us now (That's right)
We're on the move
(Nothing gonna, nothing gonna)
(Stop us now, stop us now)
Ain't no stoppin' us now, Come on
We've got the groove (Whoo-oo-oo yeah yeah)
Ain't no stoppin' us now (No no no)
We're on the move
(On the move, yeah-ee-a, yeah-ee-a)
Ain't no stoppin' us now
We've got the groove (Yeah)

Now, let's see it
Don't wanna stop
Please don't make me stop (I don't wanna)
Don't wanna stop
Please don't make me stop (No-oh No-oh)
Don't wanna stop
Please don't make me stop (I don't want to)
Don't wanna stop
Please don't make me stop
(Uh, y'all spell it out for me)

S-T-O-P-P-I-N
Ain't no (Doo-oo, Yeah-heh-a)
S-T-O-P- (to the) P- (to the) I-N (You got it)
Ain't no (Ain't no, no-no)
S-T-O-P-P-I-N (Go ahead)
Ain't no (Ain't no, no-oh-no, no-oh-no)
S-T-O-P- (to the) P- (to the) I-N (Come on)
Ain't no (No, yeah-ee-a, yeah-ee-a)

Ain't no stoppin' us now
We're on the move
Don't wanna stop, please don't make me stop (Yeah yeah)
Ain't no stoppin' us now (Yeah)
We've got the groove
Don't wanna stop, please don't make me stop
(Whoo-oo, Come around with me)

Ain't no stoppin' us now
We're on the move

(play me!)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 06:36:12 am by Pipedream »

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2006, 10:35:15 am »
All you guys and gals deserve a round of applause.  I lurk over there from time to time, in particular follow Ennis and Jack's new moves.  It always brightens up a day.  So thank you!!!