Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE~~ Critics Gallery  (Read 196340 times)

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE~~ Critics Gallery
« Reply #130 on: August 28, 2006, 05:17:37 pm »
I've laughed so much at the last few pages - this 4th of July is like no other, ever. I hesitate to mention anyone because it's all been so totally good, but; - Daniel's translation of Biker French had me absolutely rolling on the floor. Bravo! And bravo to everyone else!  :) :)

That said, I have to inform you on behalf of Monroe that he's going away in secret to a speciality food and wine congress and won't be able to log onto the net again till late Wednesday evening. In view of his soon upcoming scene at the Super Market, which he wouldn't want to miss for a whole world of white truffles, he's hoping Jack and Lureen will do some serious slow, slow dancing over the next couple of days if required, to buy him the necessary time to get back home in time for his big moment onscreen.  ;)

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #131 on: August 31, 2006, 03:25:12 pm »
today is one of those days as you all have heard by now, that I needed to read something uplifting. So I thought I would read some more of the Performance. As much as it hurts to laugh today, I could'nt help it. This gets funnier and funnier even when I thought it could'nt get any funnier than it already is. How the heck did Miicheal Jackson get involved in this? This is hilarious. OMG and Stevie Wonder and Whitney Huston, Just too much fun. Please keep it up.

And I loved the bikers and Jimbo(creepy) too.

All the roles are wonderful. Just too many to mention right now!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 03:27:16 pm by Arad-3 »
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #132 on: September 03, 2006, 06:37:32 am »
Aw Mikaela, you are killing me!!   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  Your last post?   :laugh: :laugh: and the one

before that,  hahahahahahahaha and the one

before THAT!!!!..............................................................  YOU ARE BRILLIANT!!!

Mwah!  :-* :-* :-*
« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 06:39:25 am by JakeTwist »
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #133 on: September 03, 2006, 07:26:26 am »
::Blushes::

Thank you, Jane!  :-*  :-*  :-*

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #134 on: September 03, 2006, 06:20:12 pm »
The Retired Casting Director

((pats self repeatedly on back for asking Mikaela to play Monroe))

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #135 on: September 03, 2006, 08:56:53 pm »
Where else in the world would Jack, played by Daniel, be playing love scenes with a straight woman acting as a gay man (Ennis/DeeDee), and then hooking up with a straight woman played by a gay man (Lureen/Ray)?!?!?!

OMG, OMG, OMG!
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #136 on: September 03, 2006, 09:34:19 pm »
I am the man: if it be so, as 'tis,
Poor lady, she were better love a dream.
Disguise, I see, thou art a wickedness,
Wherein the pregnant enemy does much.
How easy is it for the proper-false
In women's waxen hearts to set their forms!
Alas, our frailty is the cause, not we!
For such as we are made of, such we be.
How will this fadge? my master loves her dearly;
And I, poor monster, fond as much on him;
And she, mistaken, seems to dote on me.
What will become of this? As I am man,
My state is desperate for my master's love;
As I am woman,--now alas the day!--
What thriftless sighs shall poor Olivia breathe!
O time! thou must untangle this, not I;
It is too hard a knot for me to untie!

-Twelfth Night
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #137 on: September 05, 2006, 06:42:07 am »
Hello all the crazy people.  I know I haven't been around much recently, and I feel quite strange typing this after my sporatic contributions, but I have been bombarded with PM's asking for a decision on handing over the long standing roles of Ennis and Jack.  I've stewed this over and over for a couple of days now and have to say that I was actually surprised to be asked to "rule".  I started this thread in a bid to harness all the cleverness and creativity I saw pouring onto the board.  A means by which we could perform our lessons, our fantasies, and our perceptions of the movie that changed us all.  It was always meant to be constantly changing and rippling because the BBM lesson I learned was to evolve and embrace change, no matter how bizzare and sudden the turn.  As wonderful as Daniel and Double D have been in the roles of Ennis and Jack, they would equally bring a new life to other characters not yet cast.  And equally, new actors would broaden the perameters of 'our' J&E.  I appreciate the 'baby' we have created, but it still has such a diverse life to live.  There ain't no apron strings on this one!

~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #138 on: September 05, 2006, 11:31:22 am »
So many changes in our company lately!  :P

Elle, even though you gave up your jobs as Casting Director and Asst. to Mr. Raymille, I hope you will stay around as the Wind.  What's Wyoming without the Wind?

Dee Dee, thanks so much for your eloquent Ennis (that's not a word usually applied to him!).  He will be missed, but I'm excited to see what Louise brings to his character.

Jane, you did a great job as CD, and briefly as Casting Director--thanks for that!  I hope you find another job with the company that still keeps you with us.

Daniel, I hope you're staying on as Jack. Your stabilizing influence and poetic soul are much appreciated.

And Ray, it's so great to see you back on the thread with your nutty, irreverent Lureen!  There's only one Ray, and we are lucky enough to have him!

Kiss  Kiss  Kiss
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #139 on: September 05, 2006, 12:09:25 pm »
As much fun as it is to try and figure out what's going on on the Performance Thread, it would be nice to know who, where, and when, everyone thinks we are, cause right now I'm totally confused as to who is playing who and what is going on. I had thought that older Jack and Ennis were post divorce (when the physical changes were apparent), but what do I know? I would love to continue as older Jack, but if a change is in order, let there be change. I'm willing to finish these few scenes, then turn over the role to a deserving performer, I suppose when the baby is born.

I've enjoyed the Performance Thread so much, and had many nights of hilarity with Cher, Michael Jackson, JBB, Terry Cloth, Mika the Singing Mule, the Bull, Ms. August Snow, Jimbo and Bimbo, Aguirre, Low Startle Point; who can forget Jack's Pants, and of course the loves of my life: Ennis and Lureen. (Both names have double letters, interesting). And I do not think I would have been able to put on a good performance without the assistance of our crew: Mr. Indapaddock whose brilliant sheep managed to perform their hearts out despite their small size and stature, our Feng Shui Director who managed to keep our energies flowing in at least some direction, our High Priestess, whose spiritual explorations still have me caught in the headlights, our former Continuity Director, who managed to help keep the film flowing smoothly most of the time (Her presence will be sorely missed.), our former Casting Director, whose imagination and willpower brought many brilliant actors to our little production, and of course, our Director Mr. Raymille who got a ball rolling which turned into one of those giant snowballs you see in the cartoons.

Thank you, thank you, everyone. It's been wonderful being here as Jack, and I am interested in seeing how things go from here, particularly when the new Jack steps forward.

-Daniel (s Jack)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 12:13:55 pm by Daniel »
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.