Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE~~ Critics Gallery  (Read 196367 times)

Offline saucycobblers

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE~~ Critics Gallery
« Reply #150 on: September 11, 2006, 04:45:59 pm »
Glad you're back Anke! I've missed you and Owlma sumthin' awful! ;D
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #151 on: September 11, 2006, 05:08:12 pm »
Glad you're back Anke! I've missed you and Owlma sumthin' awful! ;D

Here here!   ;)

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #152 on: September 11, 2006, 05:29:44 pm »

;D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #153 on: September 11, 2006, 05:33:48 pm »
Ditto, Anke! And you too, JBB. So glad you're back, body butter buddy!! Had to laugh and thought of you when I went to the Pride Block Party this weekend--it was sponsored by ID personal lubricant so all the waste receptacles asked "Got lube?" And my daughter took me to this store called Lush with wonderful lotions and bath bombs and such, and a wide range of body butters, no JBB though. You are unique!

As for you, Jane, yr teasing us with your sunglasses-on sunglasses-off routine!! Go ahead, torture me!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #154 on: September 11, 2006, 06:26:17 pm »

As for you, Jane, yr teasing us with your sunglasses-on sunglasses-off routine!! Go ahead, torture me!

Last time Lee, I promise!  I had to archive the Performance Thread as faithfully as I could, ya know!   ;)  I am going to press copies of PT and hawk the DVD's over on Mel Gibson's new Shopping Channel spot!  They will sell like hotcakes!  Yeeehaw!!   :D  ;D ;D

Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline saucycobblers

« Reply #155 on: September 11, 2006, 06:45:36 pm »
it was sponsored by ID personal lubricant so all the waste receptacles asked "Got lube?"

It's a new diffusion line of the Boudreaux Butt Paste dynasty, don'tcha know? ;) We aim to eradicate nasty chafing in whatever form it appears!

Offline saucycobblers

« Reply #156 on: September 13, 2006, 01:17:52 pm »
LUREEN'S PASTIES!!!![/b]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was having a good cry... but now i'm crying with laughter!!!
You guys! ::)

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #157 on: September 14, 2006, 01:24:31 pm »
AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarggh!

Finally, one of Monroe's bona fide real scenes appears, absolutely pivotal in terms of his characterization - and the poor actor (that is; me) won't be here!

I'll be off the net for nearly two weeks - by no means letting BBM in the lurch as I'm meeting up with Brokies several times in several places..... but I don't think I can manage to be Monroe in the "Ennis delivers the kids to Alma at the store" scene.

**sniff**

I suppose anyone who feels like stepping into Monroe's shoes, please feel free.

I've been building up to this scene so I figure I can let you have the summary of what I was planning would happen; - the "Condiments" slip of the tongue was supposed to make poor Monroe completely frantic that he'd exposed his culinary leanings and endangered himself to someone who beat down two wonderfully gastronomic bikers, after all, and who in Monroe's view surely must be a "Cibophobe".
And since Monroe doesn't get to see just who ruins the peanut display, he'll of course think it was Ennis, flying into a rage. After all he's seen Ennis lose it before, and the peanuts diisplay is his (Monroe's) special creation, which Alma thought well of and said so. Poor Monroe will wonder why the peanuts went flying - was it because Ennis suspects Monroe's feelings for Alma? Or doesn't he like peanuts? Or was it the "condiments" being mentioned that made him react with rage? Monroe will simply be a nervous wreck after Ennis innocently drops the girls off, having no idea of the significance of either "condiments" nor peanut displays nor Monroe's many worries and fears..... 
Which might be the message such as it is - that very often we worry far too much about stuff that doesn't really exist except in our own mind - or at least we make our worries grow unneccessarily.

I'm sure there would have been crazy, funny detours in every direction and probably Monroe would be in dire need of various new therapy sessions including ones with the divine Ms. C - but alas! Unless Jack and Lureen keeps their current  car action going for another 2 weeks.... I can't act Monroe in the next scene.

Good luck to whoever takes over Monroe in the meantime! He's fun to play with - do what you want with him on the PT while he's yours.  :)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #158 on: September 14, 2006, 01:59:47 pm »
Oh no!  What a goddambitchofanunsatisfactorysituation to have to miss out on Mikaela's Monroe at this crucial pass.  :(

But the good news is that Mika will be in London and NY, meeting up with Brokies.  Mika, at least when you're in NY next week, you're welcome to take over my computer and work Monroe Magic with it!  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #159 on: September 14, 2006, 02:51:18 pm »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Monroe, Cher and Lureen's pasties, you guys are killing me!

And Lureen! Oh my God. More of her kind and there wouldn't be many straight men left!  ;D

By the way, Monroe will not be the only one missing the coming weekend. In fact, he, JBB, Alma Jr., the Peeing Sheep, Mika the Musical Mule, the Props Magician and Owl Olivia have been called to London for an important meeting. Sigh. I guess, if you can't fix it, you gotta stand it, folks!  ;D

See ya!

ANKE  :)