Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE~~ Critics Gallery  (Read 198777 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE~~ Critics Gallery
« Reply #210 on: September 19, 2006, 03:39:58 pm »
I think it is a great and very funny idea.  Why is Cher and her gowns a good idea, and Heath and Michelle falling in love in the trailer a bad idea?  I thought we were going to be allowed to contribute our ideas in a free form manner?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #211 on: September 19, 2006, 04:32:24 pm »
'soright, 'soright.  Politics got no place on BAM.  Let's please not make it a battle ground where people feel resentful and resented.  Go with the flow and on with the show.
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #212 on: September 19, 2006, 11:08:01 pm »
I am wondering what happened to the days when the PT was fun and not a battleground with public insults and posturing.  More importantly, I am wondering when that day will dawn again and we can just have some innocent fun.  The PT has been far too much fun for too many people to let different personalities play the role of the iceberg in that other movie...

So everyone hop in a life boat and keep posting! 
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 11:27:13 pm by alec716 »
"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #213 on: September 20, 2006, 08:43:34 pm »
I think Ray and Alec are right on this one. The Performance is so enjoyable to read. You can't go wrong with it if you keep it fun. I think there is an audience for everybodys ideas. What some people don't like, others will fall over laughing. :laugh:  I really do think the variety of ideas is what makes it so entertaining!  Please don't lose the magic that you have created here.

I would imagine it was started to get everybody together, to combine ideas, and have alot of fun doing it. When it is finished,( if it ever is finished) and I for one hope it goes on forever, You will have a masterpeice!  So everybody..keep up the good work! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #214 on: September 21, 2006, 12:43:27 am »
I think it is a great and very funny idea.  Why is Cher and her gowns a good idea, and Heath and Michelle falling in love in the trailer a bad idea?  I thought we were going to be allowed to contribute our ideas in a free form manner?

I have to agree with this.  In any movie, there are actors and roles.  I myself used Heath as a character earlier in the thread and was unaware of any unwritten rule that using the real life actors was not okay.  If anyone was offended by this, they were kind enough not to tell me, but let me do my thing.

I respect that it makes some folks uncomfortable, but as long as we are reasonably considerate and tasteful when using real people, I think it should be just another aspect of our wacky and wonderful effort. 
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #215 on: September 22, 2006, 05:08:24 pm »
Geri ...   :D

Great to see ya in action on The Perf!  Keep it up girl!

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #216 on: September 22, 2006, 05:20:09 pm »
Lucise,
Sorry I did forget about your Lucas! But the good thing is, my Lucas didn't live very long. He was more or less just a practice run!  But I will come up with somebody that can stay around for awhile! ;)
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #217 on: September 23, 2006, 12:26:50 am »
Geri ~

There aint only one Lucas in the world and there sure can be more than one Lucas on the Performance ..
Don't kill off Lucas the Claus simply because there is a Lucas Indaloo .. keep him going .. I loved the beard he has going there ...  ;D

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #218 on: September 23, 2006, 01:09:15 am »
Geri, why don't you play L.D. Newsome?  He's gotta be father of bride for a bit.  Good gig.  ;)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #219 on: September 23, 2006, 02:59:10 am »
I have to agree with this.  In any movie, there are actors and roles.  I myself used Heath as a character earlier in the thread and was unaware of any unwritten rule that using the real life actors was not okay.  If anyone was offended by this, they were kind enough not to tell me, but let me do my thing.

I respect that it makes some folks uncomfortable, but as long as we are reasonably considerate and tasteful when using real people, I think it should be just another aspect of our wacky and wonderful effort. 

Hi Meryl:

I was the one who objected, and just to explain, what I was objecting to was what I feel Heath would be offended by, that is, depictions of sex between Heath and Michelle.  That is what is known as RPS (Real People Sex) in the fanfic world.  There are people who believe and I am one, that is it disrespectful to be that intrusive of the actors' private lives.  And from what I have seen reported about Heath in the magazine articles, interviews, etc, he did not appreciate the paparazzi taking a telephoto lens shot of him buck nekkid.   And RPS is in the same vein IMO.

Since the PT is in honour of our beloved BBM and the creators of it, I don't see why we would dishonour two of the main contributors, IMO.

Including Heath and Michelle in the PT in a comedic vein, in parody, is not what I was objecting to.  I was objecting to the RPS.  I hope I have explained this clearly enough.   ;)

Jane
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."