Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE~~ Critics Gallery  (Read 197915 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE~~ Critics Gallery
« Reply #600 on: September 09, 2007, 02:50:42 pm »
Ha!  I've been meaning to compliment Laura and Daniel on the continued, though leisurely, scene at the lake, but I had to stop in and say that the last image takes the cherry cake.

Not only did Laura refer to the Mexican affair, she used the actual pics of the Mexican psychiatrist and "sexual surrogate" seen earlier in the PT!  Now that's artistic integrity!  ;D  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #601 on: September 09, 2007, 04:51:40 pm »
Ha!  I've been meaning to compliment Laura and Daniel on the continued, though leisurely, scene at the lake

Hear! Hear! I'm in total agreement.  :)

**applauds wildly**

Perhaps we should do something like the thanksgiving marathon? Than was a lot of fun and moved the story along...except it feels irreverent to me somehow to do that to the currently ongoing scene...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #602 on: September 09, 2007, 05:53:27 pm »
Perhaps we should do something like the thanksgiving marathon? Than was a lot of fun and moved the story along...except it feels irreverent to me somehow to do that to the currently ongoing scene...

I agree it seems irreverent to interrupt the dialogue between Jack and Ennis with wacky stuff.  Maybe for the pie scene?  Even that's stretchin' it.  :P
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #603 on: September 09, 2007, 06:23:33 pm »
Yeah, the hard thing is that the story gets more and more sad toward the end, so the potential comedy is tougher to ferret out of those scenes. Cassie's date could have some comic potential, as could Pa Twist, the pie and cake, Alma Jr's mode of transportation, etc.

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #604 on: September 09, 2007, 07:04:43 pm »
I agree it seems irreverent to interrupt the dialogue between Jack and Ennis with wacky stuff.  Maybe for the pie scene?  Even that's stretchin' it.  :P

I agree totally.  I am glad this scene is being played with just the two of you; I think this scene of all scenes deserves seriousness.  I know you have a lot on your shoulders Laura, and you're doing great!!  I wish there was smthing I could do to help you, but alas there is not.  I can't post funny worth a damn but I am pretty good with the organizin'.  Umm that reminds me, I am OMT three scenes from now, yikes!!!
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #605 on: September 10, 2007, 01:35:46 am »
My apologies everyone, I have been out of town for a week, and the leisurely pace I fear was due to my keyboard dying.... (I just got a new one). You have no idea how excruciating it was to painstakingly click on each letter on the on-screen keyboard with a mouse... half the time, it not registering your letter so you have to go back and put it in again....  ahh... thats neither here nor there I suppose.

Also, I haven't been in an extremely humorous mood lately... so I fear that has been reflected in the performance, but I'll stick to it... We'll get through this storyline...

BTW, great work on those pictures; makes me wish I had half the creativity you do...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 01:49:34 am by Daniel »
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #606 on: September 12, 2007, 01:05:39 am »
Ha!  I've been meaning to compliment Laura and Daniel on the continued, though leisurely, scene at the lake, but I had to stop in and say that the last image takes the cherry cake.

Not only did Laura refer to the Mexican affair, she used the actual pics of the Mexican psychiatrist and "sexual surrogate" seen earlier in the PT!  Now that's artistic integrity!

And don't forget the seaside "outdoor office"!   ;D

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #607 on: September 12, 2007, 01:23:41 am »
And don't forget the seaside "outdoor office"!   ;D

OMG, I didn't notice!  You're too much fer me, Ennis Laura!  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #608 on: September 12, 2007, 12:59:15 pm »
Daniel and Laura:  I love the balance you are achieving between pathos and irreverence in this difficult scene. 

Bravo and Brava!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #609 on: September 12, 2007, 01:07:35 pm »
I second the raves about the lake scene! Tackling this scene is a tall order...and you have done it exceedingly well!! Can't wait to read more!
"chewing gum and duct tape"