Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE~~ Critics Gallery  (Read 198705 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE~~ Critics Gallery
« Reply #640 on: December 16, 2007, 01:30:53 pm »
I think they took you literally, Chrissi!   I nominate Lee for some kind of Brokie statuette (a golden telephone, perhaps?) for the longest running scene in the show!  :laugh:

Why thank y'all so kindly!! Okay, okay, I get the hint!! On with the show!! It's just that I cain't quite bring myself to blurt out that Jack is **sob** you-know-what. D'ya think Ennis will ever get it thru his thick noggin??!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #641 on: December 16, 2007, 01:42:39 pm »
Why thank y'all so kindly!! Okay, okay, I get the hint!! On with the show!! It's just that I cain't quite bring myself to blurt out that Jack is **sob** you-know-what. D'ya think Ennis will ever get it thru his thick noggin??!!

I can't wait to find out what LauraGigs and you come up with!  Carry on, oh thespians extraordinaire (and offstage Jack, too)!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #642 on: December 19, 2007, 05:20:26 pm »
AND to the entire cast, crew, High Priestess and audience members, - for inventiveness, creative stamina, patience and lots of belly-laughs amid the sadness.... not to mention for outstanding willpower and determination to let destiny run its course despite every hope, wish and desire to see it changed...

YEAH!  What Dumb-Ass Mule Mikaela said!   ;D

Kudos to our cast members who have the excruciating task of portraying such heartbreaking scenes.  Mikaela worded it beautifully, so I'll just say I agree.  Every one of us knows the real story, the dialogue word for word - please, let's allow our faithful, dedicated actors to present the story in whatever way helps to take the sting out of it while still telling the inevitable truth.  'Sell phone'? 'Mauve bucket-kicking'?  Sure!  Yes!  'Golden Retriever/Receiver Award'? Absolutely.       Tell you what....  seeing Ennis in his Santa hat shouting 'HUNH?' at Lureen over the phone makes me smile --- right through the tears that literally just splashed on my keyboard because I'm feeling Ennis's pain (and my own) all over again.  Wow.  Two years later.  So, yes, please... I'll take those laughs, thank you, brilliant thespians!

"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #643 on: December 19, 2007, 05:30:11 pm »
By the way, y'all... I'm playing the irritated Jack these days.... from offstage of course.... but if things get too rough, he can come out and try ta smooth things over.... He does that, you know. Seen it myself.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #644 on: December 19, 2007, 06:01:37 pm »
Irritated or smooth...as always, we like the direction you're goin'!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #645 on: December 19, 2007, 06:11:42 pm »
.... not to mention for outstanding willpower and determination to let destiny run its course despite every hope, wish and desire to see it changed...

Hoping against hope...
Yes we all know the story.
I'm not a long-time follower of the PT but still have to get it out: I'm soooo torn between staying truthful to the story and saying 'screw it', I don't want this again.
Call me naive or sentimental, I didn't think this would effect me. But it does.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #646 on: December 19, 2007, 06:15:31 pm »
Oh, darlin'.... don't fret too much... We'll see what comes about.

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #647 on: December 19, 2007, 06:18:06 pm »
I know the feeling, Chrissi.  :-*

I argued back at the time of the PT Divorce scene (when PT Ennis very, very, very nearly told Jack "yes") that we should let the PT run an alternative, happier course. There was quite a discussion at the time. But I was out-voted... and well, it's been nothing but a fun, inventive ride even if it's staying true to the core of the original.

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #648 on: December 19, 2007, 07:05:33 pm »
I know the feeling, Chrissi.  :-*

I argued back at the time of the PT Divorce scene (when PT Ennis very, very, very nearly told Jack "yes") that we should let the PT run an alternative, happier course. There was quite a discussion at the time. But I was out-voted... and well, it's been nothing but a fun, inventive ride even if it's staying true to the core of the original.

whut??  I don't remember  this!??  Where was I, sleeping???   Please fill me in on this Mika, I don't remember this happening....  I don't know what you guys have planned, but I thought we were doing the story, are you guys planning to keep Jack alive?  ???  Please let me in on this, I am supposed to be OMT in the next scene.  yeee-haw!
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #649 on: December 19, 2007, 07:07:18 pm »
We are doing ALL the scenes from the original film, as was intended at the beginning of the performance. There are of course slight and not so slight variations from the events which occurred in those scenes, and nobody said we couldn't add any... but the PT is going well... thanks to the actors and our incredible direction and production staff.