Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE~~ Critics Gallery  (Read 198908 times)

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
Re: ~~THE PERFORMANCE~~ Critics Gallery
« Reply #650 on: December 19, 2007, 07:14:11 pm »
whut??  I don't remember  this!??  Where was I, sleeping???   Please fill me in on this Mika, I don't remember this happening....  I don't know what you guys have planned, but I thought we were doing the story, are you guys planning to keep Jack alive?  ???  Please let me in on this, I am supposed to be OMT in the next scene.  yeee-haw!

As I said, I was in the minority who didn't mind changing the story, back when the possibility was discussed during the PT's "Divorce scene". A long time ago. The majority wanted to follow the canon, and that's what we've been doing since. More or less.  ;) And I didn't mind at all that I was out-voted, I've had nothing but a great time in the PT both before and since then.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #651 on: December 19, 2007, 09:09:31 pm »
It's nice to see our actors and fans speaking up about the dear old PT again.  I remember when Mikaela brought up the possibility of diverging from canon, and I was one of those who was not in favor.  I've been happy to see that, even while sticking to canon, we've still had marvelously creative contributions from everyone that have taken the sting out of the sadness while still paying tribute to the serious side of the story.  I think we can keep that up, even though the revelation of Jack's death is finally at hand. 

I can't say I expect Jack to be out of the picture just because he "bought the farm."  Hey, Hollywood has done it for years--taken the subject of the afterlife and turned it into good (or dubious)  entertainment:  Ghost, Topper, Blithe Spirit, The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, Heaven Can Wait are just a few movies that come to mind.  Then there are dreams, fantasies and just good old-fashioned memories.  Daniel's Jack speaking from offstage is a great idea, too.  I say let's get it on!  I'm looking forward to Jane's OMT.  8)

Edit: One more observation.  Up til now, I've rarely asked another performer to go along with an idea I've had for the PT, and I like it that way.  Part of the fun is seeing what appears on the thread and then rolling with it.  I think that's pretty much how others have approached it, too.  The direction of a scene can be changed by just one post, and if someone's not down with it, they can create something different.  I'm not saying don't collaborate, just that it's fun not to, too.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #652 on: December 19, 2007, 10:49:20 pm »
"Sticking to canon?"  :laugh:  Yeah, right.  :laugh:  Tell it to the warshrag, High Priestess.  You must be High.  :laugh:

Really, I know what you mean.  :)

You all surely are doing a wonderful job.  I got all excited, actually, to hear that Jack bought the farm.  A loophole?

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #653 on: December 19, 2007, 11:49:23 pm »
Tell it to the warshrag, High Priestess.  You must be High.  :laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #654 on: December 19, 2007, 11:54:28 pm »
:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

(I"m glad you laughed, Meryl.  I was hoping the lighthearted sassiness came through.)  :)

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #655 on: December 20, 2007, 12:17:24 pm »
I remember when Mikaela brought up the possibility of diverging from canon, and I was one of those who was not in favor. 
Erm... not that it is any big deal, but it wasn't me who brought it up. I just voiced my opinion once the matter was out there.

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #656 on: December 21, 2007, 12:51:29 am »
Laura, you Photoshopper you!      I c'n see that reflection in Ennis' eye! 
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #657 on: December 21, 2007, 01:10:22 am »
Beautifully done, Laura!  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #658 on: December 21, 2007, 03:00:53 am »
Laura, :-*  We're so lucky to have you.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #659 on: December 21, 2007, 09:27:22 am »
Laura, you did the seemingly impossible. 

Jack, the angel-shepherd.  Beautiful.  Thank you.

Now I'm crying...