Author Topic: Your OTHER orientation  (Read 12118 times)

mvansand76

Re: Your OTHER orientation
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2006, 06:20:23 am »
Melissa tsk, tsk, tsk! Cody the dog hasn't convinced you yet? Good luck honey! Dogs are wonderful pets, but they are a lot of work! May the Spirit of Snoopy be with you!  :)

;D Nah... Cody still has to convince me by showing some mature and sensible behavior... ;) Whaddayathink, an Irish Wolfhound for us?

Offline ffrn

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2006, 06:53:50 am »
Hi ffrn, I couldn't help noticing your beautiful Scottish deerhound and your Borzoi! We used to have an Afghan Hound, his name was Muscha. I am still a dog-person and have been considering having another Afghan Hound, Saluki or Irish Wolfhound or Deerhound...I am still trying to decide. Some people have tried talking us out of it, but the more I think about it, the surer I am that we need a dog!  :)

Hi Melissa, You definitely need a Deerie!!  Much more elegant than a Wolfie and not as inclined to disappear on you as a Saluki.  They're all sighthounds with sighthound natures so if you've had Afghans before you know what to expect.  Deeries make much better house dogs than those horrible little yap yaps.  They tend to sleep all day and you don't have to bend over to pat them!!  ;D ;D

mvansand76

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2006, 06:58:03 am »
They tend to sleep all day and you don't have to bend over to pat them!!  ;D ;D

That's definitely a good reason!  ;D My boyfriend and I were talking about it all night after I showed him your pictures. We have a small house and a small garden, though, so I am not sure if it's a good idea, what do you think?

Offline ffrn

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2006, 07:04:06 am »
That's definitely a good reason!  ;D My boyfriend and I were talking about it all night after I showed him your pictures. We have a small house and a small garden, though, so I am not sure if it's a good idea, what do you think?

One of the pups from my last Deerhound litter was bought by a couple who live in a small house with a very small garden in the middle of Sydney and she is thriving.  The owners take her to the park every day for a run and the rest of the time she just lays about the house.   Puppies can be boisterous and very destructive but once you survive their puppyhood they are very well suited to city life.  Just make sure they are exercised.  Even if you had a large backyard you would still have to walk them as they would just find a corner of the yard and go to sleep.

mvansand76

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2006, 07:21:48 am »
Even if you had a large backyard you would still have to walk them as they would just find a corner of the yard and go to sleep.

Oh My God, that is adorable!!!! You really are convincing me! We had an Afghan Hound and Saluki at the same time and they were quite a team together! They were always running through the street causing mayhem, they also loved the beach. Then when they came home, all they did was lie on the couch. Once they even peed through the couch!  ::) Gosh, I still miss them every day...

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2007, 06:18:18 am »
More of a cat person these days - I live my two fluffy kitties!!!!

But I'd say I'm still Bi!!

The only reason I don't have a dog is cos they are too tying - you can leave cats for a day or sos and they'll be just fine with their dry food left out and the cat flap to get in and out.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2007, 11:31:16 pm »
Ah, but having a dog (especially a BIG, gentle dog) is so worth it...

<--- feeling nostalgic this evening

No more beans!

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Excerpts from our pets' diaries!
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2007, 04:01:50 am »
I just put my kitties birthday on the calendar because I saw David925 has Cody's birthday on there!  I'm not letting him get one up on me!  :D ::)

Also, got this from my office-matie who has a sweet black lab named Keechul...

Excerpts from a Dog's and Cat's Daily Diary

Excerpts from a Dog's Daily Diary:
8:00am: Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30am: A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40am: Walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30am: Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00pm: Lunch! My favorite thing!
1:00pm: Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00pm: Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00pm: Milk bones! My favorite thing!
7:00pm: Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00pm: Wow! Watched TV with my master! My favorite thing!
11:00pm: Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

Excerpts from a Cat's Daily Diary:
Day 683 of my captivity: My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and myself are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape.. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the floor.

Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at theirr feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into thei r hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am.

The audacity! There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event.  However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my
confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow -- but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released --and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded! The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicating with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. The captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe....... for now...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2007, 01:34:22 am »

I love dogs and cats both, but i have such and allergy to cats..I have a dog instead...truth is though, he is not my dog
he is my husbands dog..They are madly in love with each other.  I am merely the lady in the house, that is available for
needed activity..Just filling dishes, and making food..                                                               Janice

Beautiful mind

Offline insane-romantic

• Jr. Ranch Hand
    • My Myspace
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2007, 11:09:21 am »
I'm allergic to cats, so I'm not a cat person. I always wanted a dog when I was younger but my friend has one and it smells bad and is really annoying. I like the idea of having a pet, but I don't want one in my house.....which is lucky really 'cos my parents would never let me have one anyway.
I saw you were sick and tired of my wrong turns.
If you only knew the way I feel,
I'd really love to tell you,
But I could never seem to say
The things I needed to.
On a day like today
No other words would do.

Keane: On A Day Like Today