Author Topic: Amazon has shipped my DVD!!!  (Read 8700 times)

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
Amazon has shipped my DVD!!!
« on: April 01, 2006, 03:33:29 pm »
It still says est. delivery of April 15, via the cheapest way, USPS, but maybe it'll arrive sooner? Two weeks seems like a long time if it's already shipped. But maybe I'm getting my hopes up.

Either way, BBM is still at #1 of Amazon's best DVD seller list 11 days after it was first available for pre-order. I believe it was only knocked down to #2 for a day or so when the special edition King Kong DVD came out. And that's just the widescreen version - the full screen is at #8, so BBM holds 2 spots in their Top 10 sellers.
:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Amazon has shipped my DVD!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 03:57:21 pm »
I just checked my account--it says it has not been shipped yet, but has an estimated delivery date of April 6.
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 04:15:39 pm »
I just checked my account--it says it has not been shipped yet, but has an estimated delivery date of April 6.

Bizzare!  Well, I'm sure you'll get yours on time, I've never received anything late from them.  Maybe we'll all get them early!
:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.

Offline monimm18

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 05:01:05 pm »

Bizzare!  Well, I'm sure you'll get yours on time, I've never received anything late from them.  Maybe we'll all get them early!

Oh, that would be nice, but I'm afraid to hope. Not to ruin your expectations, but I've had plenty of stuff delieverd from Amazon way later than they estimated. Although most of it were Christmas gifts for friends. LOL, I remember one friend got the X-mas gift I ordered for her in late November in May next year! Now, true, there were situations when I got stuff faster too.

I was going to rent it until I got my copy, but I don't think I'd have the heart to return it   :-\.  Plus, I need two copies anyway. So, I'm thinking I'll hit the stores to buy a copy on the 4th, and keep the Amazon one for my mom - she'd love to see it, but she lives in Eastern Europe (Romania) and cannot go to the movies (health problems).  I'm gonna go see her in September and I cannot wait to watch it with her. She's already in love with this film from what I told her about it (and, baby, did I tell her about it!). LOL, she stayed up until 6AM Oscar night, watching the ceremony and rooting for BBM to win, then waited for me to call her so we can cry on each other's shoulder. I love her.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 05:03:02 pm by monimm18 »
"Don't be merely satisfied with a better life. We should demand to live in a better world."

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 05:18:19 pm »

Mine says the same and I'm an Amazon Prime member.  I ordered using the instructions I also posted in the Movie Resources forum.  If you can get the free trial, you get free 2nd Day Air shipping.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 05:24:54 pm »
I'm Amazon Prime, too. Best $79 investment I made in a long time. It has paid for itself over and over.
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline monimm18

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 05:26:12 pm »
I'm Amazon Prime, too. Best $79 investment I made in a long time. It has paid for itself over and over.

Really, what's in it? Maybe I should become one too.
"Don't be merely satisfied with a better life. We should demand to live in a better world."

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2006, 05:42:50 pm »
Disclaimer: I am not an amazon employee, have nothing to do with the company.

Amazon Prime: you pay $79 and get free 2nd day shipping; one day shipping for $3.99...on all orders. You can also "share" your membership with other family members. So, my husband uses it, me, and my parents. Free shipping on things you send to other people, too...ie, all my Christmas shipping was free.

So, now, if I feel like buying a $5.99 paperback, I don't think twice, just click "2 day ship" and I get the book...for $5.99. It's great.
Leslie

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2006, 05:46:06 pm »
I got an email too, saying my order had shipped and  since their warehouse is in Arizona, I look for it to be here in KC by Wednesday and if I'm really lucky, by Tuesday!!!!!! :)
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline monimm18

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2006, 05:48:13 pm »
Thank you, Leslie. I seems like a good deal, indeed. I think I'll try it.

:)  the disclaimer...

Moni