Author Topic: Things you see that remind you of BBM  (Read 5686 times)

Offline nakymaton

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka Mel
Re: Things you see that remind you of BBM
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2006, 08:39:45 pm »
So I was running a high altitude marathon today, and during the long slog up to the pass at the high point, I found myself in amongst...

...a herd of sheep.

With pretty fresh-looking paint brands on their backs.

And a big old drooly-faced dog in the middle of the jeep trail babysittin the sheep.

And no sign of the herder. (Or the camp tender, either, for that matter. ;D )
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2006, 09:03:29 pm »
So I was running a high altitude marathon today, and during the long slog up to the pass at the high point, I found myself in amongst...

...a herd of sheep.

With pretty fresh-looking paint brands on their backs.

And a big old drooly-faced dog in the middle of the jeep trail babysittin the sheep.

And no sign of the herder. (Or the camp tender, either, for that matter. ;D )

Now, that's what I call seein' things that remind you of BBM!  *Hands you a piece of cherry cake*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline nakymaton

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka Mel
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2006, 09:06:29 pm »
I tried to take a picture of them -- I mean, I could almost touch the paint brands -- but all I had was a cell phone, and the pictures all look like a bunch of fluffy whitish blurs.  :-\

It was pretty cool to see the real paint brands up so close.

And there was seriously no sign of a camp site. 'Course, I didn't bring any giant binoculars with me. ;D
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Amber

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Whiskey anyone?
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2006, 11:58:26 pm »
I'm with ya on the old pickup trucks.  Instant reminder for me. 

Other than that ... if I drive 15 minutes out into the country from Spokane I see little old lonely ranch houses or trailers in the middle of dirt fields that remind me of BBM.

I just drove through Wyoming not too long ago - the entire landscape read like Annie Proulx's short stories - ALL of them ... BBM included of course.

Additionally, on my way through Montana on I-90 I passed by the highway sign for Ennis, Montana.  Not too long after that I passed by a highway sign advertising lodging at the Del Mar hotel.  Couldn't help but wonder if Annie Proulx rode by the same signs :)
"... and Ennis, not big on endearments, said what he said to his horses and daughters, little darlin." ~Proulx

"Life is not a succession of urgents nows; it is a listless trickle of why-should-I's."  Johnny Depp as the Second Earl of Rochester.

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2006, 12:19:09 am »
Today I traveled to a Mexican border town, and there were young girls walking around yelling "esta chiclets, esta chiclets."

Yeah, I did it - sat down in a cool spot and scrolled my Special Brokeback Mountain Edition Heath & Jake Etched in Metallic iPod to the "leaving Wyoming" scene.

That, dear friends, reminded me of Brokeback Mountain.

Alas, no Rodrigo Prieto came hither.....sigh.
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

vkm91941

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2006, 08:22:09 pm »
bump