Author Topic: Ew, I mean EW! Is this a belated Aprils Fools joke?  (Read 8099 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Ew, I mean EW! Is this a belated Aprils Fools joke?
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 01:22:12 pm »
I loved everything about the movie - except Etta.  I was still a pre-teen, but I knew even then that she didn't belong with Sundance - he already had Butch!   ;)

I wanted Etta to run off with Butch--they clearly belonged together--so I could have Sundance. ...  8)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 01:32:27 pm »
I wanted Etta to run off with Butch--they clearly belonged together--so I could have Sundance. ...  8)

:laugh:  I would've taken either one - or both!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 01:32:50 pm »
Travolta's too fat for either role.

Too fat, too old, and too ugly.

And since Tom Cruise can only play...Tom Cruise, I'm not really interested in seeing him screw up either role, either!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 02:30:21 pm »
My 2 cents?  The only two actors that could have pulled off a remake of that movie were Heath and Jake.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2009, 02:35:39 pm »
My 2 cents?  The only two actors that could have pulled off a remake of that movie were Heath and Jake.

Oy, some of us used to daydream about that.  :-\  The only remake of a classic of which I would have approved.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

retropian

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 10:57:08 pm »

Yeah. I remember when BBM was in the theaters there was some buzz about Jack and Heath could go on to be the new Newman and Redford. That would have been wonderful, but I think they both wanted careers independent of each other, which is understandable and right.

I would have liked the cast of BBM to get together as an ensemble. For example Anne Hathaways' movie "The Devil in Prada". She could have played the lead. Michelle would be her office friend/rival. Jake could have been the Stanley Tucci character and Heath? Well, he'd bee the Devil in Prada herself. That would be his acting challenge; to play a woman.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2009, 11:08:19 pm »
That would be his acting challenge; to play a woman.
what a great idea. I think this would have been a really good challenge for him and I bet he would have pulled it off as well

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2009, 03:02:52 am »
what a great idea. I think this would have been a really good challenge for him and I bet he would have pulled it off as well

He played the nurse in The Dark Knight.