Author Topic: Mon jardin 2009  (Read 120201 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Mon jardin 2009
« on: April 18, 2009, 12:52:08 pm »
This year's garden will have a new twist. Many varieties of plants have been multiplying at a phenomenal rate - to the point where I don't know where to put 'em anymore. And of course, Bryan and I are constantly acquiring new varieties. Sooo ...

I will be selling plants this year! Been potting plants all of last fall, and propagating others over the winter.

Bryan thinks I should advertise on Craig's list, but I'll let him handle that part of things. I've prepared a poster which I intend to plaster throughout my neighbourhood, seeing as I've been on a 5 walks a week kick for about a month now (lost almost 15 pounds in the past 6 months - 5 more pounds to go), I can just put 'em (the posters) up in 5 dif'rent areas near home.

This weekend is the first where the temperatures have reached 20c (68f), and even though I've caught my first cold in over a year, I'm out there doing spring-time improvements to the garden (and finding yet more plants to pot up).

AND, though I missed taking pictures of the few crocusus that came up this year ... I also took a few pictures today ... so I'm starting up a new photo thread for 2009.

Hope you enjoy your visit(s) to Mon jardin 2009:)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 04:18:52 pm by Sheriff Roland »
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
Re: Mon jardin 2009
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 01:01:00 pm »
Expecting 4 varieties of these daffodils (jonquilles) this year.

This first one, the 'peaches & cream' variety, is in the front yard nearest the sidewalk

2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 01:13:01 pm »
This year's garden will have a new twist. Many varieties of plants have been multiplying at a phenomenal rate - to the point where I don't know where to put 'em anymore. And of course, Bryan and I are constantly acquiring new varieties. Sooo ...

I will be selling plants this year! Been potting plants all of last fall, and propagating others over the winter.

Bryan thinks I should advertise on Craig's list, but I'll let him handle that part of things. I've prepared a poster which I intend to plaster throughout my neighbourhood, seeing as I've been on a 5 walks a week kick for about a month now (lost almost 15 pounds in the past 6 months - 5 more pounds to go), I can just put 'em (the posters) up in 5 dif'rent areas near home.

This weekend is the first where the temperatures have reached 20c (68f), and even though I've caught my first cold in over a year, I'm out there doing spring-time improvements to the garden (and finding yet more plants to pot up).

AND, though I missed taking pictures of the few crocusus that came up this year ... I also took a few pictures today ... so I'm starting up a new photo thread for 2009.
Hope you enjoy your visit(s) to Mon jardin 2009:)

YAY!! I LOVE your flowers! and your flower pictures!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 02:38:56 pm »
2nd variety of daffodils, a double bloom variety. Like in the other picture, they're the first ones to peek through.

injest

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 02:44:04 pm »
lovely.

I can almost feel the leaves!!

I have never seen these before in real life.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 08:38:34 pm »
puny 'grape hyacinth' are the only other plants currenly showing (some) colour. They're really small and certainly not yet vibrantly painted.

This area, right under the front picture window will display later this summer, the shoefly and the sunflowers among other.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 08:06:35 pm »
There's not much happening in the garden lately. Been a week since my last pictures and only today can I say that progress is finally occurring in the flower growth. Temperatures have had trouble reaching 10c (50f) all week - until today. We're expecting some 27c (81f) tomorrow (or Sunday) bur the lows will continue to reach single didget (below 50f) the low.

Here's a progress picture of those grape hyacinth from my last picture posted.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2009, 11:25:36 pm »
Third and the most common variety of daffies. Got these growing in at least 3 areas of the front yard.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 12:01:45 pm »
It's 'shorts' weather out there at noon - 23c (73f) swealtering degrees!

Been out watering and feeding the garden. The folks from the condo behind my place have been picking up the garbage along the fence. I've aloso been to an 'environmental' day event where I was able to acquire a new composter (valued @ 65$) for just 15$ - no tax. Now I'm off to Canadian Tire to pick up a couple a hunderd peat pots (2 and a quarter inches) for just 0.66$ a dozen.

In the mean time, here's another daffy clump - picture taken yesterday.

injest

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2009, 04:21:25 pm »
a chilly 72 huh?

83 here... ;D ;D

and MY garden is busting out!