Author Topic: Mon jardin 2009  (Read 121277 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Mon jardin 2009
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2009, 08:01:21 pm »
Sure it was 'just' 73 but we all know who likes the cooler weather in the summertime. B'sides, I got to wear my shorts for the first time this year.

By the way, you should post more pictures in your garden thread.

Forgot to mention that I met my local city counselor at the environmental day event this morning. I had taught (PhysEd) to his kid a number of years ago (kid's now in grade 9). Met him again a few years back (could be as long as 6 years ago) when he came a knocking on my door while campaigning. Odd thing, in addition the fact that he remembered his kid use to attend one of my classes, he actually remembered I lived on Glenhaven! He actually mentioned the street name!

There was quite a storm coming through about 3 hours ago. I scrambled to bring in some of the plants from the stoop. Some were even blown out of their pot.

Anywho, here's another view - one week later - of the double bloom daffies in the back yard.

2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2009, 09:42:54 pm »
Sure it was 'just' 73 but we all know who likes the cooler weather in the summertime. B'sides, I got to wear my shorts for the first time this year.
and you didn't take any pictures!??  :o :o oh come on....we wanna see them legs...show em off for us!!

By the way, you should post more pictures in your garden thread.

Forgot to mention that I met my local city counselor at the environmental day event this morning. I had taught (PhysEd) to his kid a number of years ago (kid's now in grade 9). Met him again a few years back (could be as long as 6 years ago) when he came a knocking on my door while campaigning. Odd thing, in addition the fact that he remembered his kid use to attend one of my classes, he actually remembered I lived on Glenhaven! He actually mentioned the street name!

There was quite a storm coming through about 3 hours ago. I scrambled to bring in some of the plants from the stoop. Some were even blown out of their pot.

Anywho, here's another view - one week later - of the double bloom daffies in the back yard.

I am working on the pictures...I had to be absent for this past week with my mother so the weeds made an outrageous inroad!!!  >:( >:(

I bet a lot of people know about your house, Roland, it is the kind of display that people talk about!!!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 09:21:59 am »

Here's how powerful that storm was ...

Course this was far from Toronto, but Port Hope is in Southern Ontario.
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 09:27:23 am »
Here's how powerful that storm was ...

Course this was far from Toronto, but Port Hope is in Southern Ontario.

holy schmoley!!! :o :o :o

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 10:01:01 am »
Next to last picture I took 3 days ago - The hyacinth are nowhere near as 'full' as one of my neighbour's (many block away), but they looked better when I watered the garden this morning. Gotta take the camera out again today.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2009, 10:47:20 pm »
One last (now 4 day old) picture. View towards the house. south side of the front yard. A couple a bi-coloured daffies and a few meager hyacynths. I tried to take pictures of another tiny flowering plant growing in the back yard - but none of my efforts turned out clear. Tried again yesterday - I think they've come out just fine. But that's tomorrow's post.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 04:26:52 am »
And here it is. Bryan assures me that this is lungwort.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 04:03:19 pm by Sheriff Roland »

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 10:21:11 am »
Here's my first tulip from 2009. It has been joined by another half dozen since this photo was taken 2 days ago.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 07:31:30 pm »
It doesn't look like I'll have pictures of the 4th variety of daffies this year. They were really small and mangy.

However, the double bloom daffys are growing in the front yard as well this year (I thought they were strictly in the back yard ...)

(yes ... there's lots of yellow out there this early spring)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2009, 06:16:30 am »
Largest bunch of daffies, (same as in response 8, 4 days later, new angle) near the sidewalk. Possibly my last daffodil picture this year.