Author Topic: Mon jardin 2009  (Read 120231 times)

injest

Re: Mon jardin 2009
« Reply #120 on: May 21, 2009, 07:53:12 pm »
I need to get the camera out ... this is my last 'new' picture - 3 days old

My first update on the lilac tree blossoms. A pretty sunny one, hun?

very pretty!

injest

« Reply #121 on: May 21, 2009, 07:54:39 pm »
Any plant people here?  This week is Chelsea flower show, see the highlights here...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/chelsea/

so beautiful! thank you for the link!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #122 on: May 22, 2009, 10:47:00 pm »
Finally went out and took some pics today - and some good ones too.

Got a couple of these 'view' pics. The buttercup (or as I like to call em, buttons) are really showing well. A lady came over today to look at my selections and said she'd be back for poenies and those buttons.

lush is the w-o-r-d  ;D
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #123 on: May 22, 2009, 10:48:22 pm »
Finally went out and took some pics today - and some good ones too.

Got a couple of these 'view' pics. The buttercup (or as I like to call em, buttons) are really showing positively. A lady came over today to llok at my selections and she said she'd be back for poenies ant thos buttons.

lush is the w-o-r-d
VERY Lush!

and the black tulips look BLACK in that picture!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #124 on: May 23, 2009, 12:04:20 am »
So you like iris, hun?

Here's the 4th variety from my garden (after the bi-coloured, the yellow [both dwarf] & the purple [medium height])

These are the first of the large (not giant) variety. Pale blues - and there'll be dozens of em. - maybe even over a hunderd.

2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #125 on: May 23, 2009, 12:18:33 am »
So you like iris, hun?

Here's the 4th variety from my garden (after the bi-coloured, the yellow [both dwarf] & the purple [medium height])

These are the first of the large (not giant) variety. Pale blues - and there'll be dozens of em. - maybe even over a hunderd.

oh I love them!! look at the pattern on the petals! like a painting...just beautiful! they look so fragile on top of those long stems..

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #126 on: May 23, 2009, 12:19:26 am »
Yesterday I put some tomato seedling in the garden. Of the seeds Bryan removed from the juice leftover from the canned tomatoes I prepared last fall, there have been hunderds of seedlings.

I planted 42 of em yesterday evening - and that didn't even use up one eighth (6 of 48) of what I've got. Thought I'd plant em in rows - separating them by an inch or two. The real question is not how many of em will survive. It's whether or not it's too late to start up from seeds.

One thing for sure, they sure look healthy. (picture taken less than 12 hours ago)

injest

« Reply #127 on: May 23, 2009, 12:24:37 am »
Yesterday I put some tomato seedling in the garden. Of the seeds Bryan removed from the juice leftover from the canned tomatoes I prepared last fall, there have been hunderds of seedlings.

I planted 42 of em yesterday evening - and that didn't even use up one eighth (6 of 48) of what I've got. Thought I'd plant em in rows - separating them by an inch or two. The real question is not how many of em will survive. It's whether or not it's too late to start up from seeds.

One thing for sure, they sure look healthy. (picture taken less than 12 hours ago)

dang...I dont' have any pics of ...wait a minute..I do!!

did you see MY tomato plants??

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #128 on: May 23, 2009, 12:26:08 am »
Oh, and when I said there'd be maybe as much as a hunderd of the pale blue iris, I wasn't kidding. And that's just in the front yard.
There's likely to be more in the back yard. Not to mention Bryan took maybe as many as 50 plants to his condo last fall.

injest

« Reply #129 on: May 23, 2009, 12:27:59 am »
Oh, and when I said there'd be maybe as much as a hunderd of the pale blue iris, I wasn't kidding. And that's just in the front yard.
There's likely to be more in the back yard. Not to mention Bryan took maybe as many as 50 plants to his condo last fall.

:o :o

now THAT is a stand of irises!!!

(and see in the back? those black tulips really make a statement dont' they??)