Author Topic: Mon jardin 2009  (Read 121014 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Mon jardin 2009
« Reply #190 on: June 07, 2009, 06:55:43 pm »
Been out all afternoon (nearly 5 hours) gardening with Bryan. Usually he can do this every weekend but this was two days in a row for him and instead of napping this afternoon I repotted a bunch of columbine seedling I grew last year. Also, we came back from Humber's Nurseries (I haven't visited them in at least a couple a years) with a half dozen new plants (including a new peonie.)

Speaking of peonies, Bryan found the 'Gay Paree' peonie (a very small plant - at least a year away from it's first bloom) selling for 38,99$ !!!

Bill gave me that plant the summer before he died. It's not in bloom yet but it'll produce a generous number of blooms this year.

In the meantime, the yellow peonies (also aquired from Bill - for the unheard price of 35$ - he claimed to have paid well over 100$ for it as an asian imports) is attracting quite a lot of attention. Even before they started blooming, people were fascinated with the unopened heads. Now people are asking when I'll be dividing the plant. They like it!

First bloom ...

2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #191 on: June 08, 2009, 09:04:53 am »
The Ornamental Sage is doing very well in the front yard near the sidewalk.

Photo 4 days old
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #192 on: June 08, 2009, 09:27:08 am »
You know Roland, now you're retired you could easily become a p/t paid gardener.. have ou ever thought of that? I mean your place speaks for itself!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #193 on: June 08, 2009, 12:18:10 pm »
You mean WORK ? ? ??  ???

No way.

I water the garden and occasionally weed, pot or generally tend to the garden. I do it when I feel like it (except the watering - I'm pretty regular about that).

I've started selling plants (re: 'the Garden shed' thread) though that's not been as profitable as I'd hoped. Still, it beats working for a living.  ;D

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #194 on: June 08, 2009, 12:23:18 pm »
Here's a second picture of the supposedly (shall I now cal em ...) Faux Siberian Iris.

Bryan's got a dif'rent variety, much slimmer petals, almost grass like leaves that he claims are real Siberian Iris, but he can't help me with the name of these rather veiny iris.

Maybe they're a cross between regular & Siberian. I'll be posting the other Siberian Iris later this week.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #195 on: June 08, 2009, 12:24:27 pm »
You mean WORK ? ? ??  ???

No way.

I water the garden and occasionally weed, pot or generally tend to the garden. I do it when I feel like it (except the watering - I'm pretty regular about that).

I've started selling plants (re: 'the Garden shed' thread) though that's not been as profitable as I'd hoped. Still, it beats working for a living.  ;D

;D
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #196 on: June 08, 2009, 12:31:56 pm »
Here's a close up of the same 'faux Siberian Iris' taken by Bryan his-self with his much-better-than-mine camera.

Artsy ain't it?

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #197 on: June 09, 2009, 12:10:49 am »
The lupins are growing even taller than last year before they seed up ... what with the cooler than average tempetures.

Here are the purple lupins 3 days later. (2nd re-visit)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #198 on: June 09, 2009, 12:02:04 pm »
And the Blue Lupin is doing very well too.

At Humber Nurseries this past weekend I picked up a couple of (young) yellow lupin plants. Hopefully they'll be mature enough to produce blossons next year. Don't know where I'll put em though ...

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #199 on: June 09, 2009, 11:10:22 pm »
first re-visit of the Ornamental Sage near the sidewalk, front yard.

The vibrancy of the colour is tempered by the lighting and or the lens.