Author Topic: Mon jardin 2009  (Read 120171 times)

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
Re: Mon jardin 2009
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2009, 05:11:59 am »
Very beautiful flowers Roland!
I have a very large garden but no green fingers at all.
BbM, I swear

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2009, 05:54:55 am »
I took this picture 3 weeks ago (April 27)

Can you identify the plant? (hint: the answer's in the stem)

2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

retropian

« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2009, 06:23:11 am »
I took this picture 3 weeks ago (April 27)

Can you identify the plant? (hint: the answer's in the stem)

Rhubarb! Where is the custard?

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #93 on: May 15, 2009, 06:33:24 am »
Custard? Is that how you consumed it? Well I guess it's no odder than my use of the 'weed'. I eat rhubarb cake - tastes like carrot cake (or more to the point, spice cake).

Anyways, here's yesterday's photo of the same bunch. Yup! they grow as fast as weeds.

Guess it's time to start harvesting em
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

retropian

« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2009, 09:21:06 am »
Custard? Is that how you consumed it? Well I guess it's no odder than my use of the 'weed'. I eat rhubarb cake - tastes like carrot cake (or more to the point, spice cake).

Anyways, here's yesterday's photo of the same bunch. Yup! they grow as fast as weeds.

Guess it's time to start harvesting em

Haven't you ever had Rhubarb and Custard pie? When I was a kid we'd (my parents) would make custard with a Rhubarb topping. Just dice up the Rhubarb and cook, or boil with enough sugar to taste and use as a topping. LOL! I'm going to have to make some soon!

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2009, 01:46:14 pm »
Haven't you ever had Rhubarb and Custard pie? When I was a kid we'd (my parents) would make custard with a Rhubarb topping. Just dice up the Rhubarb and cook, or boil with enough sugar to taste and use as a topping. LOL! I'm going to have to make some soon!

My favourite  Rhubarb recipe is Rhubarb crumble with custard.  I used to know a lady who made the most delicious one, I have never made one myself though.
BbM, I swear

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2009, 02:12:36 pm »
I ahve NEVER EVER heard of that!! Sounds cool!

I eat rhubarb cake - tastes like carrot cake (or more to the point, spice cake).

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #97 on: May 15, 2009, 07:58:05 pm »
Kelda, I have posted the receipe for rhubarb cake before. I'll try & dig it up again.

Here's a second height of iris - the medium ones. I only have this variety of the medium iris (purple, right?) but I've got em growing in at least four areas. Lady came in the yard today in response to the big plants 4 sale sign on my lawn and those were the plants that she's interested in. I do have about ten pots of these in the driveway. She said she'd be back tomorrow - on day 1 of the sale.

These are the ones she saw, but you're getting a better view (looking north instead of east).

they look much darker without the lense

retropian

« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2009, 09:48:34 pm »
My favourite  Rhubarb recipe is Rhubarb crumble with custard.  I used to know a lady who made the most delicious one, I have never made one myself though.

MMM. Yes I've had that too! Yummy!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #99 on: May 16, 2009, 12:39:06 am »
The buttons - or as I like to call em the double bloom buttercups are starting to show colour - just in time for opening day later today.