Author Topic: Mon jardin 2009  (Read 120163 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Mon jardin 2009
« Reply #220 on: June 12, 2009, 09:27:06 pm »
The poenies are starting to open up. This Yellow Poenie's been getting a lot of attention - was getting lots even before it started blooming cause of the unusual buds. Some people were even wanting to leave me their phone number for when I'd be dividing the plant - even though I told em I'd not likely divide it until the end of next summer.

Anyway It's been in bloom now for over a week, but I wasn't able to take a good picture of em (I didn't even care for Bryan's pics). This one's not bad ... (photo taken yesterday)

2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #221 on: June 13, 2009, 04:12:31 am »
The Sarah Bernhardt too just opened up. This is the peonie that produces HUGE (8 to 10 inches) blossoms last year, and some 5 dozen of em so I divided the plant. The potted sibling (I still have about 5 of em - sold just 2 of em) are not producing blossoms and the ones I left in the ground are not going to produce 12 blooms this year - and they look to be smaller - but they're just as vibrant and scentful.

2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #222 on: June 13, 2009, 11:35:22 am »
This beauty is called Gay Paree. I always suspected Bill of inventing this odd name. Especially since he lived in Paris Ontario and he was gay. He gave me this Poenie the summer before he died and I kept it in the pot outside over winter. As you can see it survived quite nicely. All this I've told before on other thread(s). What's new is that a Jr. version (very young, at least a year away from it's first bloom) of this plant was for sale at Humber's Nurseries for 38,99$. Oh wait, maybe I've already told this part of the story too ...

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #223 on: June 13, 2009, 11:36:43 am »
This beauty is called Gay Paree. I always suspected Bill of inventing this odd name. Especially since he lived in Paris Ontario and he was gay. He gave me this Poenie the summer before he died and I kept it in the pot outside over winter. As you can see it survived quite nicely. All this I've told before on other thread(s). What's new is that a Jr. version (very young, at least a year away from it's first bloom) of this plant was for sale at Humber's Nurseries for 38,99$. Oh wait, maybe I've already told this part of the story too ...

wow! That's gorgeous!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #224 on: June 13, 2009, 09:24:45 pm »
A splash of yellow behind the house.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #225 on: June 14, 2009, 07:13:38 am »
The very regal White (with a dash off yellow) Siberian Iris in the busy North-West corner, front lawn.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #226 on: June 14, 2009, 06:08:43 pm »
A few backyard pics. In the foreground of this one, the soon to be non-flower bed (for herbs, stinging nettle, peppers and tomato plants), a cluster of blue, yellow and burgundy iris along with the now spent tulips. In the background, behind the apple tree, the yellow iris bed. Behind those, along both fences are a variety of other iris and a few other plants: columbine, mint, dogwood, medow rue ...

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #227 on: June 15, 2009, 06:31:30 am »
And here's the Yellow Iris flower bed, prob'ly the best pic of em for this year. It's been (finally) warmer for a coupl'a days so the blooms are fading faster now. This may well be the best pic of that bed for this year.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #228 on: June 15, 2009, 10:59:59 am »
Back to the front yard, and the Pale Pink Poppies. This pictures is 4 days old. There have been near two dozen of these (and 5 red ones) in the front yard (as well as a dozen in the back yard). Bryan took some fascinating close-ups of these yesterday. I'll be posting some of his artsy pics on the other thread in the days to come, including some of this flower.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #229 on: June 15, 2009, 08:30:14 pm »
They have a dif'rent name (saw em at Canadian Tire last month) but I don't remember it. We call em Virginia Blue Bells. Just sold some this weekend and gave a whole bunch of em away to the lady who gave me the ferns a number of years ago.