Author Topic: The Garden Shed  (Read 20726 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
The Garden Shed
« on: May 01, 2009, 04:38:59 pm »
I'll be selling excess plants this year. Was potting some plants last fall, and propagating others in the house over winter. Now that spring has sprung I've been potting seedlings and other plants I know reproduce too quickly.

Here's a first (of 4) picture I took today showing my future sales items. Expecting to put up posters in the neighbourhood soon (I tried to print em today but they didn't turn out. Bryan'll be over on Sunday & maybe he'll be able to help me figure out what my problem is.) Poster says the Shed'll open on the 23rd of May. new date: 16 of May - Victoria Day Weekend.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 05:37:53 pm by Sheriff Roland »
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

Re: The Garden Shed
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 07:20:07 pm »
Plants by the Sheriff....great idea!!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 08:52:13 pm »
Got em lined up on both sides of the drive way. Most of these were potted - and labeled - last fall (unlike the first picture's that contained mostly newly potted young plants).

2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 03:54:57 am »
BOTH sides of the driveway ...

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 05:35:32 pm »
last of 4 - but today I added 25 pots of lamb's ear.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 09:36:05 pm »
Been busy, potting up more plants everyday:

25 lamb's ears,
     18 feverfew,
     18 (more) violas,
     6 coleus,
     14 double bloom buttercups.

In addition I potted up the seeds collected from last years tomatoes (tomato plants don't go in the ground until the end of May).

The feverfew are behaving well in their pots, but the lamb's ears are looking limp. They have 11 days to recouperate, seeing as I've already advertised the lamb's ears as a opening weekend special: 3$ down from 5$ per 4 inch pot.

The viola (2$/ pot or 3 for 5$) I prepared a week ago, are already flowering.

injest

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 11:58:02 pm »
Been busy, potting up more plants everyday:

25 lamb's ears,
     18 feverfew,
     18 (more) violas,
     6 coleus,
     14 double bloom buttercups.

In addition I potted up the seeds collected from last years tomatoes (tomato plants don't go in the ground until the end of May).

The feverfew are behaving well in their pots, but the lamb's ears are looking limp. They have 11 days to recouperate, seeing as I've already advertised the lamb's ears as a opening weekend special: 3$ down from 5$ per 4 inch pot.

The viola (2$/ pot or 3 for 5$) I prepared a week ago, are already flowering.

look at you!! Mr. Entrepreneur!!

looking good!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 06:48:19 pm »
And the ferns I potted last year will likely be pretty good looking in 11 days. I've recently moved them to a shadier area.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 08:14:18 pm »
I was quite please with myself yesterday when a neighbour bought my first plants. I had to dig them out of the garden to sell her some ground flox (for a mere 3$).

Today however, another neighbour asked when I was going to start selling - so I invited her to check out what I had - and she started pulling out plant after plant she wished to purchase:

3 peonies (Sarah Bernhardt)           30$
4 daylilies (giant red)                     28$
4 daylilies (giant purple)                 28$
2 colombine (dbl bloom - large pot) 20$
2 daylilies (old-fashion orange)         6$
2 lily of the valley                            6$
6 english primrose (sm pots)          10$
6 violas (sm pots)                          10$

total                                          138$

I'm floored!!

Bryan feels I sold em for too much. I should give her half back. He's accusing me of acting like a Ferengi (Quark actually).

Don't know if I'll be able to supply other's needs for long, if they're going to leave with a trunk full of plants.

injest

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2009, 12:33:36 am »
if you were charging too much people wouldnt' be leaving with a trunk full! hello!

great job!

you do have a great business model though...all anyone has to do is look around at your yard to know you have good products.