Author Topic: My montage and clips  (Read 10303 times)

EnnisDelMar

Re: My montage and clips
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2006, 05:30:39 pm »
You never did? I told you to when I made it in February!! LOL ok cool check it out tonight

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2006, 05:37:59 pm »
You never did? I told you to when I made it in February!! LOL ok cool check it out tonight

Yeah I remember you tellin me.....but I have software at work that blocks it and by the time I get home I forget about it....LOL

Tonight for sure..... ;)

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2006, 06:01:23 pm »
Ok cool :)

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2006, 09:26:24 pm »
Bump

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2006, 12:22:41 pm »
Bumping for B.

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2006, 07:10:11 pm »
Chris you better download it tonight, unless you work all night again.. :-\?

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2006, 07:11:22 pm »
Chris you better download it tonight, unless you work all night again.. :-\?

I will for sure!  I PROMISE!   ;D

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2006, 10:59:30 pm »
bump to keep alive..

rtprod

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2006, 03:26:14 pm »
I love this montage actually and have watched it several times.  What's great about it how it simplifies the story but doesn't lose the essence of the characters or plot.  It takes the narrative, reduces the wives' roles, eliminates my girlfriend (Cassie) altogether as well as Alma, Jr., and very effectively focuses on what we love the most--Jack and Ennis.  Interesting choice to incorporate the flashback in the closet scene. It's well edited and the score is nicely looped. 

In shortening, it loses nothing actually and contains the same feelings as the feature film, a bit more concentrated here of course and functions like an effective silent film.  Decades ago Hollywood used to actually shorten features in this way for 8mm distribution in the 60s and 70s, and didn't do half as careful a job as you have done here, Brandon.  It's really a lovingly done exercise, honoring the movie but giving it your own sort of context in eliminating some of the periphery. 

In short, this montage is a tribute to what Ang Lee and company have done, but additionally, one gets a real sense of the person who created it.   His heart was on his sleeve during the production, methinks, like most of us when we're in the company of our amazing film. 

I'm really impressed.   ;D

Oh, with the montage as well.  teheh.    ;)

rt

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2006, 03:27:00 pm »
I showed McK your montage Brandon.....she cried!  LOL  ;D