Author Topic: The Ghost Thread  (Read 39030 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: The Ghost Thread
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2009, 01:57:11 am »
uh uh.....me either...some people said they were hoaxes..I don't know. I didn't look them up or anything...too freaky for me!

That's like some of those videos of people getting their heads cut off. I think those are on the internet too. I don't know why ANYONE would want to watch something like that. I could never do it... not even if I was really drunk. :(

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2009, 01:58:12 am »
That's like some of those videos of people getting their heads cut off. I think those are on the internet too. I don't know why ANYONE would want to watch something like that. I could never do it... not even if I was really drunk. :(

no no no!!

me either...uh uh...I am always scared someone will send me the pics or something...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2009, 02:10:37 am »
no no no!!

me either...uh uh...I am always scared someone will send me the pics or something...

I did once. Remember? :(

It was a picture someone sent ME of a young suicide bomber AFTER he had detonated himself. But I warned you about it and I think Don took a look at it and didn't want you to see it.

Yes. I don't like it either when someone does that to me Jess. :'(

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2009, 02:14:53 am »
TRUE STORY:

Just about an hour after my Mom died, I found a large feather on my back porch. It was a very unusual feather, not of a bird native to my state... I don't think.

Anyway, the people of my tribe believe that a spirit will leave a feather when they visit the living. My Mother taught me that years ago. And there was a big feather laying on the back porch just shortly after she died.

True story.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2009, 02:15:53 am »
Oh, and my niece found a similar feather on her door step the same day.

injest

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2009, 07:44:46 am »
I did once. Remember? :(

It was a picture someone sent ME of a young suicide bomber AFTER he had detonated himself. But I warned you about it and I think Don took a look at it and didn't want you to see it.

Yes. I don't like it either when someone does that to me Jess. :'(

right! I forgot it because I didnt' look at it...that was ok, cause you gave me plenty of warning...so I could choose or not.

I was talking about how people send you stuff and say "LOOK AT THIS" and dont tell you what it is, that to me is mean...I trust my friends so I would open it up and then be upset!

injest

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2009, 07:46:44 am »
TRUE STORY:

Just about an hour after my Mom died, I found a large feather on my back porch. It was a very unusual feather, not of a bird native to my state... I don't think.

Anyway, the people of my tribe believe that a spirit will leave a feather when they visit the living. My Mother taught me that years ago. And there was a big feather laying on the back porch just shortly after she died.

True story.

that is sweet, David. You saved it didnt' you?

injest

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2009, 09:55:00 pm »
At Dabb's Cemetery, near Frankston, there's the story of "the cage," where legends claim that a man was buried twice, once alive and the second time dead.

Locals claim the man was buried the first time because he was thought to be dead, but dug his way out of his earthen tomb and crawled to a nearby home, where he died. To assure he would not be able to crawl out again, a cage of wooden stakes was built around his grave. It apparently served its purpose, but there are still stories of a ghost roaming the graveyard late at night.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2009, 10:23:24 pm »
Oh LORD!! That's creepy Jess!! :o

I posted a similar story in my blog, but I'll repost it here.

THE RESURRECTION OF MARTIN SHEETS??

Martin Sheets was a wealthy businessman who lived in Terra Haute, Indiana in the early 1900’s. One of his greatest fears was that of a premature burial. He often dreamt of being awake, but unable to move, at the moment the doctor pronounced him dead and then regaining consciousness while trapped in a coffin below the ground. Sheets decided to fight his fears by investing some of his resources in the prevention of his being buried alive.

First of all, he had a casket custom-designed with latches fitted on the inside. In this way, should he be placed inside prematurely, he would be able to open the coffin and escape. He also began construction on a mausoleum so that when he died, or was thought to have died, he would not be imprisoned under six feet of dirt. The mausoleum was well built and attractive but Sheets realized that even if he did manage to escape from his casket, he would still be trapped inside of a stone prison.

He came up with another clever idea. He installed a telephone inside of the tomb with a direct line to the main office of the cemetery. In this way, he could summon help by simply lifting the receiver. The line was fitted with an automatic indicator light so that even if no words were spoken, the light would come on in the office and help would soon be on the way.

Death came for Martin Sheets in 1910 and he was entombed in the mausoleum. I would imagine that for several days afterward, cemetery staff workers kept a close eye on the telephone indicator light in the office. After more time passed though, it was probably forgotten. Years went by and the telephone system in the area changed. Eventually, the direct line to the cemetery office was removed but thanks to very specific instructions in Sheets’ will, and the money to pay for it, the telephone in the mausoleum remained connected and active.

A number of years later, Sheets’ widow also passed away. She was discovered one day lying on her bed with the telephone clutched in her hand. In fact, she held the receiver so tightly that it had to be pried from her fingers. It was soon learned that she had experienced a severe stroke and family members assumed that she had been trying to call an ambulance when she finally died. A service was held and after a quiet memorial service, she was taken to the family mausoleum, where she would be interred next to her husband.

When cemetery workers entered the mausoleum, they received the shock of their lives. Nothing there was disturbed, they saw, except for one, very chilling item. Martin Sheets’ telephone, locked away for all of these years, was hanging from the wall.... its receiver inexplicably off the hook!

Terre Haute, Indiana is along the far western edge of the state, just across the Illinois border. The cemetery is located east of town at 4520 Wabash Avenue.

injest

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2009, 10:25:51 pm »
there were more but I got scared!! so I stopped...maybe I will post more on the weekend..

buried alive is SCARY!!!

so is spontaneous human combustion!!