Author Topic: The Ghost Thread  (Read 39217 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: The Ghost Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2009, 10:38:03 pm »
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2009, 10:32:48 am »
http://www.iseeghosts.com/bakerhotel.htm

The Baker Hotel is a beautiful old building, fourteen stories, with a bell tower on top. It was originally constructed in 1914 as the Crazy Water Hotel, and re-built in 1925 as the Baker Hotel after a fire destroyed the Crazy Water. There are numerous ghost stories and other fascinating tales of the hotel. It was abandoned in 1970, and has stood vacant and deteriorating since then.  People are working to save this historical old hotel, but the town officials have condemned it and are trying to demolish it. As of now, it is closed to the public.

In December of 2002, some NTPRS friends scheduled a ghost hunt at the hotel, and this was one of the last visits permitted for the town closed the hotel. We had numerous eerie experiences there, got lots of orb shots, and Dennis got a picture of two men in one area. Later, we recognized one of the men from a picture of hotel former employees. We saw and talked to many ghosts, and several ghosthunters got EVP and also traveling orbs on video.

Two of my most interesting experiences from this hotel were:

Patrick the Naked Ghost:

We were in the basement of the hotel, which is a fairly dangerous part of it. There are numerous piles of debris and portions are actually flooded from the underground springs. After a while, we headed toward the area where the men’s and ladies’ dressing rooms are located. One of our members got very frightened and said she could not possibly continue, because something had told her to definitely not go in that part of the basement. So most of the group stayed behind, while Billy York, my friend Davis, and I plunged on ahead. We went into the ladies’ dressing room first, and I really didn’t feel anything in there. I wasn’t paying much attention to where Billy and Davis went, and somehow I wandered into the men’s dressing room, not really realizing that I was alone. As soon as I walked in the doorway, I stopped, stunned.
   A gorgeous man stepped out of one of the shower stalls. He was about six foot, blond and tan, totally naked except for a white towel around his neck. Dribbles of water still trickled down his body. After a few seconds of us staring at each other, he winked at me, then dissolved. I had a great time teasing the other women in our group about missing this gorgeous ghost!

The YO Picture:

Later, we were on one of the upper stories, just taking pictures of various hallways and rooms. This was my pre-digital camera days, but I had my 35mm. camera with me, as well as a one-use camera. Still, I had to get the pictures developed later. In one shot, there is a strange red balloon with the letters "YO" on it in white. Also, the mirror on the far wall appears to have a screaming woman in it.

THAT is the ghost I want to see! the ONLY ghost I want to see!!!

injest

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2009, 10:42:16 am »
http://www.iseeghosts.com/deercamp.htm

Simmons' Deer Camp
Bill, Mac, & other Visitors

My husband loves to deer hunt, and a few years ago, his brother-in-law invited us down to his deer lease near New Baden, Texas. Later, my husband and son both decided to become regular paid members of this lease, and we bought a camper and moved it in. The landowner actually started leasing this thousand-acre, deeply-wooded land out for hunting in the early 1950’s, and over the years, many hunters have come and gone…both by choosing to leave the lease for another hunting spot or because of death. No, not death by hunting accident. At least two of the long-time hunters died of other causes. However, it seems they enjoyed their time on the lease so much that they periodically come back to visit. A few of the interesting stories and pictures:
Bill

We call one of the ghosts Bill. He’s a tall, slender man, who hunted on the lease many years. One night my uncle was sitting alone at the table outside the camp house, since the only other person on the lease that weekend had gone to bed. He noticed that his dog, a Rottweiler, was cringing beneath the pickup truck over by his camper. Then a man walked out from behind the camp house, past my uncle, and started down one of the trails that lead to the deer stands. My uncle got to his feet and started after the man, calling to him, "Sir! Uh…Sir! Who are you? What are you doing here?" The man ignored my uncle and kept walking. Fifty feet or so down the trail, the man disappeared. My uncle decided it was also time for him to go to bed and lock his camper door!

Later, my uncle described the man to some of the other hunters who had been on the lease longer. They informed my uncle that he had described Bill to a T.

Another evening, my husband shot a hog and they strung it up on the rack to clean it. I took several pictures, and in one picture, there are numerous orbs and lots of mist.

On another weekend, my son and his wife were visiting the camp with his wife’s two sons. My husband brought in another hog, and of course, the boys wanted their pictures taken with the kill. In one picture, there is a large portion of ectoplasm. Also, just above the boy’s head, a man’s face appears. Again, some of the older hunters who looked at this picture say that man is Bill.

In another picture, besides various other mists, the head of a wolf appears hovering over the head of one boy. It could also be a coyote, since we love to listen to the coyotes howl at night on the lease.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2009, 08:45:17 am »
OK, I haven't seen a ghost, but, oi, did I have strange dreams last night, and this seemed to be an appropriate place to tell about them.

In my dreams I was visited individually by both a black cat and a black dog. And they both talked!  :o

I don't remember what they said, but I do remember not feeling afraid, but, oi!  :o

Probably doesn't mean anything that I had these dreams, but I know that if I'd had them 400 years ago I'd be in deep shit because everybody knows that a black cat and a black dog are two of the forms the devil assumes when he visits people. ...  :o
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 11:39:18 am by Jeff Wrangler »
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2009, 09:25:09 am »
In my dreams I was visited individually by both a black cat and a black dog. And they both talked!  :o

To dream that animals can talk, represents superior knowledge. Its message is often some form of wisdom.  Alternatively, a talking animal denotes your potential to be all that you can be.

http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamthemes/animals.htm

Animals talking to us with human voices are a warning that people can hurt you or take advantage of you.

http://www.experiencefestival.com/a/Dream_Interpreation_Animal_animals/id/252085

Talking animals indicate that you need to express yourself.

http://www.dream-analysis.com/dictionary/page4.htm

take your pick.   :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2009, 11:40:21 am »

To dream that animals can talk, represents superior knowledge. Its message is often some form of wisdom.  Alternatively, a talking animal denotes your potential to be all that you can be.

http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamthemes/animals.htm

Animals talking to us with human voices are a warning that people can hurt you or take advantage of you.

http://www.experiencefestival.com/a/Dream_Interpreation_Animal_animals/id/252085

Talking animals indicate that you need to express yourself.

http://www.dream-analysis.com/dictionary/page4.htm

take your pick.   :laugh:

Or else it really is/was the devil. ...
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.