Author Topic: CROHNS DISEASE....is anyone living with this?  (Read 4978 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: CROHNS DISEASE....is anyone living with this?
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 09:18:33 pm »
Jeff, I just want you to know, that today, I have sent a copy of your post, re your neighbour, to my friend who's daughter has Chrohns disease.

Danni, has finally, just got out of the hospital, after a month in there. As you can imagine she is delighted to be home, especially because it is her 13th birthday on Sunday.

She is still having severe attacks and it will be a while before she returns to school and other normal activities, but at least she is improving. She is missing her dancing, but knows it will be a while before she can continue with that.

I am sure that message about your neighbour will give her a lot of inspiration, and I thank you once again for your response.

Sure enough, Katie! I hope it helps. I'm glad to hear Danni is out of the hospital and doesn't have to spend her birthday there.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 08:36:09 pm »
I will be wishing for the best for your goddaughter and I know we all will, and would appreciate occasional updates on how she is doing. We are so fortunate in my family that both my children are very healthy. One needed braces and that's about it. Not even glasses for them!! And my son, who played ice hockey from the age of three, then triathlons and road racing, has not had a single injury except a hairline fracture of his wrist one time. I don't know how we got so lucky.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2009, 08:55:23 pm »
Thank you everyone for your good wishes.....I know you do care and I do appreciate it.

Yes when something like this happens, you realize how lucky we are when our kids are healthy. I often think of some of the traumas and stress we went through with our kids, but it fades into significance when I see what Joy has been going through this past month with Danni.

Another friend of mine, went through a similar thing when her daughter turned 13. Her daughter was diagnosed with diabetes, and she spent weeks in hospital too, while they managed it and got some control over it.

As with the chrohns, no cure, and life long symptoms and management. The hope is, that they will find a cure for both diseases sometime during these kids lifetime.

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2009, 09:06:31 pm »
I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like to be the parent of a child with a serious health problem.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.