Author Topic: Adam loses to Kris on Idol...reminiscent of anything?  (Read 15913 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: Adam loses to Kris on Idol...reminiscent of anything?
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2009, 11:36:31 pm »
Thats a hell of a lot to say about someone who he only saw one performance of.

If he had seen any more, he would realize that a new Super Star is on the horizon.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

injest

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2009, 11:59:15 pm »
Thats a hell of a lot to say about someone who he only saw one performance of.

If he had seen any more, he would realize that a new Super Star is on the horizon.

I am not sure what his problem is!

Offline Katie77

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2009, 12:04:26 am »
I am not sure what his problem is!

Cant stand the competiton I guess. Maybe the thougt that people will buy Adam's recordings, and he might miss out.

For ANYONE, anyone......anyone, to say that Adam has not got talent, he must be tone bloody deaf and half bloody blind.

injest

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2009, 12:25:28 am »
Cant stand the competiton I guess. Maybe the thougt that people will buy Adam's recordings, and he might miss out.

For ANYONE, anyone......anyone, to say that Adam has not got talent, he must be tone bloody deaf and half bloody blind.

so you are saying you voted for Kris then?

;D ;D :laugh:

Offline Katie77

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2009, 02:05:03 am »
so you are saying you voted for Kris then?

;D ;D :laugh:

hahhahahha.......we cant vote from Australia.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2009, 02:29:30 am »
hahhahahha.......we cant vote from Australia.

Why not Sue? That doesn't seem fair! >:(

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Katie77

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2009, 03:01:39 am »
Well, we dont get it live.......live would be at 10am in the morning, so we dont get it until 7.30 our night, so thats nine and a half hours after America. Same with the result shows, so I look it up on the news, and know the result before I watch the show.

The FINAL result show was live here though, so I had to watch in shock as Kris won.

We have our own version over here....Australian Idol, which should start in the next month or so, and I watch that from the auditions as well.....and we can vote in that......but I never have voted.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2009, 07:19:23 am »
Awesome, just awesome. That speaks volumes for Adam's and Kris's sweet, genuine down-to-earthness and I'm glad for them. May they stay that way!!

Sweet Jenny.. so great to see you here!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2009, 07:29:16 am »
A cute Post-finale moment...  :)

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdrl66RI0bc[/youtube]
very cute.

And Lumiere...LOVE your signature pics!!

injest

Adam the New Front Man for Queen??
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2009, 06:35:17 pm »
http://tv.yahoo.com/contributor/2461071/news/urn:newsml:tv.tvguide.com:20090525:1006316__ER:1

If you thought Adam Lambert looked like a natural fit with iconic rockers Queen during American Idol's finale, you weren't the only one.

Hours after it was announced that Lambert was Season 8's runner-up last week, widespread speculation began circulating that the 26-year-old singer had been offered a job as Queen's new front man. While that's not true yet, guitarist Brian May isn't ruling out the possibility.

"Amongst all that furor, there wasn't really a quiet moment to talk. But [drummer Roger Taylor] and I are definitely hoping to have a meaningful conversation with him at some point," May told Rolling Stone. "It's not like we, as Queen, would rush into coalescing with another singer just like that. It isn't that easy. But I'd certainly like to work with Adam. That is one amazing instrument he has there."

Queen recently ended a four-year relationship with Paul Rodgers, who was handling the vocal duties for the band.

Lambert auditioned for Idol with Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" and instantly became a buzzed-about contender for the show's Top 36. His revved-up, glam-rock numbers and hauntingly restrained ballads made him the front-runner all season before ultimately coming up short. While the show has produced more pop artists than rockers, May recognizes that springboard it provides young artists.

For now, Lambert must first complete the 50-city tour with his fellow Top 10 members, and the Idol producers, 19 Entertainment, will likely have first dibs on anything Lambert does next. May said whatever happens, he's excited to see what Lambert and Idol winner Kris Allen (who also shared the stage during "We Are the Champions") do next.

"Both those boys are well worthy of big success," May said. "So it's pointless for someone like me to stand on the sidelines jeering. I'm confident Adam will make great use of this wonderful opportunity. I hope I'm there to see it."

what do you think?