Author Topic: Hollywood Reacts to Proposition 8, and So Do AOL Users  (Read 6698 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Hollywood Reacts to Proposition 8, and So Do AOL Users
« on: May 27, 2009, 08:42:27 pm »
In Hollywood, Passions Aplenty After Gay Marriage Ruling

Hollywood isn't happy, and when celebs are steamed, expect to hear all about it. Such is the way with the passionate reaction to Tuesday's California Supreme Court decision to uphold the state's gay-marriage ban.

Celebs ranging from the A-List to the D-List (and beyond) have taken to the streets, to the news media and to their Twitter accounts to voice outrage over the ruling, which upholds the controversial passing of Proposition 8 but allows all marriages that took place before the November vote to remain on the books.

George Takei and Ellen DeGeneres -- two of the most prominent gay celebs whose marriages will not be nullified -- spoke out, as did Melissa Etheridge who opted out of an official wedding during the brief window.

Click in the link to see what some of the stars had to say about it...

http://www.popeater.com/music/article/celebs-react-to-gay-marriage-ruling/500018

Comments from AOL Users:

(This is very disheartening)

Msj9ms1
06:37 PMMay 27 2009

When civil rights laws were passed for African-Americans quite rightly they were legally allowed an equal place in society. Classrooms were integrated, Black culture and history taught. I know you will never see why so many heterosexuals are against legal approval of the equal legitimacy of gay marriage, but it is because we do not want the above scenario played out in classrooms across the country with the topic not race -- but sexuality. We just don't. We don't want health ed classes giving equal time, we don't want any sexuality promoted except the norm accepted by the majority. No Prince meets Prince books etc... And yes, it would come to that and in some areas already has. Perez Hilton and his vicious attacks on Carrie Prejean convinced many of us that we did indeed vote the right way. He & his ilk won't be happy until every child in the US is issued a Gay instruction manual.

MahalApril
05:31 PMMay 27 2009

Our movie stars,singers and celebrities are already very decadent. Don't make it worst by allowing the lustful multiple gay sexual partners and oral-penile sex perverts to have gay marriage. Our decadent society are full of drunk drivers,drug abusers,in and out of rehab,promiscuity,killing live human babies by abortion and hated Bush/Cheney for harmless waterboarding of the 3 islamic fanatics who massacred the 3,000 innocent American civilians on 9/11. This is the height of hypocrisy.

Thelawman3026
04:13 PMMay 27 2009

drew baby. aint nobody going to make you and your fag friends live in this world,, aim for the head and use enough gun ,, if lifes that bad without to queers being able to marry, then end it ,gun in mouth and aim up do it right

Dnclilsistrdnc
03:27 PMMay 27 2009

Partner up, have the same rights, adopt children, leave marriage to a Man and Woman. Period!

Vernnray
03:19 PMMay 27 2009

I guess it all comes down to what you think is truth and what is right. Heterosexuals don't have the parade CrzSmm3 because it isn't something that they desire or need. And the males of those unions don't want to dance around in a dress either....Most all is about birth (brain) defects like the dimples on your face are. However some is learned by living without moral boarders, experimenting with what they learn to be pleasure. The wages of sin is eternal death. And if that has no meaning ,then you label me a bigot, and the homosexual continues to deny doing what he or she pleases.

Ron1Veron2
03:13 PMMay 27 2009

Rainbowtravgals2 02:13 PMMay 27 2009 Bigots everywhere : (================================================================Faggots everywhere : (

Bkwormsjv
03:13 PMMay 27 2009

I have studied law for years, and I have yet to see solid reasoning why homosexuals should NOT be able to marry. Constitutionally, there is no reason to bar them. Socially, there is no solid evidence that gay marriage has adverse effects on children (or other people, for that matter). Financially, it makes no difference. The major reasons against gay marriage are all religious in nature, and religious reasoning has no place dictating American law.

Bkwormsjv
03:06 PMMay 27 2009

RLB731863[...] You could surely bet if Prop 8 would have favored gay marriage people in Hollywood would be screaming the "people have California has spoken." I have no problem with gays in general having a civil ceremony if thats what they choose. Seventy-six % of America including myself recognize marriage is a ceremony between one man and one woman. Gay people and the Hollywood dopes need to get over it. They need to understand mainstream America doesn't care how they feel. As far as Drew Barrymore comment on prop 8, maybe she needs to find another state or country to live in. : )Rick-------------------------Oh My! [Clutching hand dramatically to chest.] The arrogance! Should we start praying to you now and building temples to honor your infallible (and inflexible) wisdom?So if the government had spoken in favor of gay marriage, would you still fall back on the "might makes right and everyone should get over it" attitude? Or do you only use it when you have the upper hand?

Silvergun1960No2
03:00 PMMay 27 2009

RogersStudley 02:45 PMMay 27 2009 IF you left wing faggots want to talk about us southern gun toting bigots .Then take a look At who will have to bail your left wing faggot state out of trouble. Take your yomama and slide out into the ocean. Don't ask us to bail you muthers out. Hook um horns go hogs go .i---------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------Oh, that's a laugh. Southern states take the most money from the federal gov't, and pay little back in. Those so-called "left-wing faggot states" pay more in, and take less out. And you're in for a shock: Many so-called "liberals" are gun owners.

Bkwormsjv
02:58 PMMay 27 2009

IF you left wing faggots want to talk about us southern gun toting bigots .Then take a look At who will have to bail your left wing faggot state out of trouble. Take your yomama and slide out into the ocean. Don't ask us to bail you muthers out. Hook um horns go hogs go .i-----------------I'm sorry- are you speaking English? I have a feeling it would be offensive if it made any sense.

Well, that's enough of THAT!! >:( >:(

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

Re: Hollywood Reacts to Proposition 8, and So Do AOL Users
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 11:58:19 pm »
David I love you and I wish you wouldnt read this stuff...I know it hurts you..

{{{David}}}

just ignore them...

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 12:12:10 am »
Well I thought the top part was good... what the stars said. Did you read it? Did you read what Drew Barrymore said? :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 07:04:44 am »
Well I thought the top part was good... what the stars said. Did you read it? Did you read what Drew Barrymore said? :)

yep, too bad you can't know ahead of time whether it is gonna be something GOOD..or something depressing!

;)