Author Topic: Camcorder Advice  (Read 1756 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Camcorder Advice
« on: August 02, 2006, 04:50:09 pm »
My aunt is in the market for a camcorder, and for a change, it's a tech item I know almost nothing about.  So I am sure there are folks out here using one who can help give me some advice to share with her.

What they are looking for is something in the budget range that can shoot indoors and outdoors, and if possible can be used to send the video image when attached to the computer straight through a USB cable (or something like it) which can be recorded by a computer based video recording package to create Windows Media video files.  They want to send videos over broadband to the relatives, and bypassing recording to mini-DVD's or mini-DV tape would be very helpful.  In fact, most of what they want to do is use it as a very high quality webcam-style thing.  The current webcams on the market are pretty lousy, which is why they want a camcorder (plus they travel a lot and can take it with them).

I assume there are camcorders out there with USB connectivity (or firewire) which can be used for this purpose?  Educate me.  :)

Thanks!
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming