Author Topic: Extended Downtime Today (June 20)  (Read 6535 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Extended Downtime Today (June 20)
« on: June 20, 2009, 11:05:09 pm »
A major power outage at the hosting company in Dallas left us offline for two extended periods of time, much to our frustration.  We have expressed our concerns to the hosting company for not having more robust emergency facilities.  Apparently even when the power did go back online, many servers, including ours, did not reboot automatically, leaving us down until someone manually took care of things down there.

Sorry for the extended outage.  Hopefully it's over with for now.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Extended Downtime Today (June 20)
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 01:18:16 am »
Thanks for working on this, Phillip. 

This is a good time to encourage each of us to have email addresses and other modes of contact for those BetterMostians we want to maintain contact with.  In the event that anyone can't access BetterMost, my email address is [email protected].

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Re: Extended Downtime Today (June 20)
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 03:08:19 pm »
It threw us off our update schedule (along with the water in my basement yesterday).  Shortly, we'll have a resolution for this kind of problem.  Thankfully, we have gone more than a year with no downtime of significance, so this one day nightmare in context wasn't too bad.  We were aware of it very quickly after the problem started, but we were stuck waiting on Dallas to fix the problems in both cases.

The bettermoststatus site was my usual place to update people, but I couldn't get to login to it to update it yesterday, so I am going to move it somewhere else.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming