Author Topic: What's on your summer Must-Watch Movie List?  (Read 81513 times)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
Re: What's on your summer Must-Watch Movie List?
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2010, 10:53:11 am »
I just watched, last night, Clash of the Titans...and would reccomend this as a big FAT "DON"T BOTHER"...what a waste of time that movie was, and terribly done also...
I saw the trailer and thought that was enough

Offline dontwanttosayGB

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Never enough time, never enough...
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2010, 07:55:08 pm »
   I saw Shutter Island.  I liked it a lot, but it was very depressing too.  Definitely
worth the see, if you can handle heavy subjects.  I was rather disappointed with
Despicable Me..and I expected to like it a lot.   I did really like Inception however.
Best thing I have seen this year.

I also watched The Single Man  liked it a lot

Agree on Shutter Island, worth a watch but somewhat creepy and depressing but the ending took me for a bit of a loop and wasn't sure if it was believable, but worth a watch for sure.

And also agree on Inception, very fun movie and keeps you glued to the screen even though it is 2 1/2 hours...I liked it alot...
...the imagined power of Brokeback Mountain...

Offline dontwanttosayGB

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Never enough time, never enough...
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2010, 07:56:26 pm »
I saw the trailer and thought that was enough

LOL, Monika!  ;D
...the imagined power of Brokeback Mountain...

Offline Sophia

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2010, 08:48:15 am »
Jason Behr is beyond yummy.  Rent "The Tattoist". 

thank you Paul for the inspiration. I watched it yesterday evening, but I didn't rent it thou. I downloaded it, ups!   
I liked it a lot, it was a bit scary thou. So I had to cover my eyes sometimes.  ;D

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2010, 01:12:49 pm »
The last three nights, I've watched three movies from Academy Award winners, and been disappointed by all three --

1. "The Book of Eli" with Denzel Washington -- I only made it through the first 35 minutes before I was utterly embarrassed for him
2.  "Invictus" with Morgan Freeman -- I guess this was supposed to be inspirational, but to me, it was a pointless waste of time (although Matt Damon in shorts was a highlight)
3.  "Julia" with Tilda Swinton -- all I can say about this movie is "Huh???"

I either need to go back to books for my entertainment, or I need a big 'ole dose of "Pelican Brief", "Glory", and "Michael Clayton" to cancel out these bad memories.

I am looking forward to "Inception", after reading the reviews here.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2010, 06:54:26 pm »
Seen it yet, Mandy? What did you think? There's only time for a couple more movies before the summer is over. I've seen some interesting trailers...what are your recommendations?
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Marina

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2010, 12:19:52 am »
You've got to see Inception in IMAX.   I've seen it at my regulary theater, and recently again in IMAX, and it was even more stunning.   :)
“Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of his world.”
~Rachel Carson~

~Looking back on it, they both realized it was the best thing they ever had.~  - A Mother's Love

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2010, 05:58:59 pm »
No, I haven't seen it yet, Lee and Marina.  Unfortunately, I don't believe it was ever offered in IMAX, here in the St. Louis area at least.  I'll try to see it in the next couple of days.  Also, Prince of Persia, which I'm embarrassed to say I haven't seen yet, is now playing at our "dollar show" in town, which is the last stop before it goes to DVD.  Might see that as well this week.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2010, 06:42:04 pm »
I wonder if there is a trend where most people just wait for the DVD of a movie they think they will like? Presumably we all USED to like to go to movies back in 2005-2006, because this forum is founded on Brokeback Mountain. Maybe I should start a new poll about movie viewing and see how many have giving up theater-going altogether.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2010, 09:48:06 am »
TKAAL stands out among a somewhat lackluster summer movie slate. It's starting to win awards. Seven people planned to see it this summer, and it's available on DVD now. I say we can discuss it, with spoilers. Speak now if you disagree!!