Author Topic: If I Asked by Midwest-girl  (Read 51931 times)

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: If I Asked by Midwest-girl
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2006, 04:58:47 pm »

"If I Asked"  by midwest_girl

Hello fellow fanfic readers:

Here is a new (one month ago) fanfic that I uneathed a couple of days ago, and it is truly a treasure of J & E.  :D   It has grabbed one of the top spots on my Gold Standard List of BBM fanfic.

This author has a wonderful way with words.  It is AU, and it starts at the point right after our boys have the Reunion.  That is all I'm gonna say!

This link is to the LiveJournal page of the author midwest_girl.  Her Journal is in reverse order, and every post is all on the one page, so go all the way to the bottom of the page, and then look for Chapter 1 of "If I Asked" (started on June 9th, completed on Aug. 3rd).  There are 12 Chapters, and the story is complete.  Even though it is all on one page, it is deliciously long and wonderful.   :-*

Enjoy!   :D ;D
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

mvansand76

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2006, 05:14:06 pm »
Hiya, a real treasure this story, I agree!  There is already a thread on here that is focused on IIA:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=3672.0

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2006, 05:26:00 pm »
Thanks mvansand76,

I have merged these threads.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2006, 04:55:54 pm »
Hi folks!

Has anyone been reading Amy's latest story, Shades of Grey?

She has posted 1 chapter so far and according to her journal she won't be able to post for a while but on the DC boards she promised to update again some time next week.

I think it's brilliant, exciting and very different. Ennis is a Special Agent (!) and Jack is the bad boy criminal (!) working for one of the Columbian Drug Kartels!!! I know it sounds far out but she's using her own experience as a criminal defense lawyer and it's written so incredibly well. She has me totally hooked!

:)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2006, 08:45:52 pm »
Amy (midwest_girl) just joined here as a member the other day. Hopefully she'll drop by this thread, see people are excited about her stories and get involved in the conversation. Welcome in advance!

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2006, 08:49:30 pm »
Amy (midwest_girl) just joined here as a member the other day. Hopefully she'll drop by this thread, see people are excited about her stories and get involved in the conversation. Welcome in advance!

Leslie

Oh, I really hope she'll drop by! That would be so nice.  :)

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2006, 11:33:14 pm »

Leslie

I saw her name up on the new members and got really excited... I hoped she would find this thread and comment.  :)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

midwest-girl

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2006, 09:47:35 pm »
Hi, guys!  I just discovered this place and this thread the other day.  Thank you all so much for your kind words about IIA.  It means so much to me to know that you all enjoyed the story.  And please feel free to voice your criticisms of my story as well (not that you wouldn't), but I don't want you to feel censored or anything just because I'm around!  Anyway, I just wanted to stop in and say hi and thank you!  Amy

mvansand76

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2006, 08:01:25 am »
Hi, guys!  I just discovered this place and this thread the other day.  Thank you all so much for your kind words about IIA.  It means so much to me to know that you all enjoyed the story.  And please feel free to voice your criticisms of my story as well (not that you wouldn't), but I don't want you to feel censored or anything just because I'm around!  Anyway, I just wanted to stop in and say hi and thank you!  Amy

You are a real celebrity Amy!  :)
Just wanted to say hi and welcome to bettermost, hope you enjoy your stay here! I loved IIA, I was actually sad to see it end, though, from a writer's point of view, I understand you had to wrap it! Well, anyways, welcome and good luck with your new story, I heard that you are writing a new one!

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2006, 04:27:36 pm »
You are a real celebrity Amy!  :)
Just wanted to say hi and welcome to bettermost, hope you enjoy your stay here! I loved IIA, I was actually sad to see it end, though, from a writer's point of view, I understand you had to wrap it! Well, anyways, welcome and good luck with your new story, I heard that you are writing a new one!

Ditto all of that! I'm really glad to see you around bettermost, Amy! I loved your story and can't wait for the new one. I hope you find our little community welcoming and share it with us!  ;D
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73