Author Topic: Help find a story...  (Read 10482 times)

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
Help find a story...
« on: August 03, 2006, 11:30:59 pm »
Hi,

I'm looking for a story about Jack and Randall.  I think the author's real name might be Amanda.  On dc her screen name started with an "a" and also had an "x" in there somewhere.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
Kelly

(L and L is it okay that I did this in a new thread?  Let me know if it is not.)
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
Re: Help find a story...
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 09:10:40 am »
I would post this over at brokebackslash... they would probably know  :)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 12:58:13 am »
I'm looking for a story callled "Standing Still," in which Jack wants Ennis to dance with him.

Thought maybe we could turn this into a "looking for a story" column!
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 01:43:20 am »
Sounds like an interesting story... sorry haven't heard of it.  But yes that was my idea, in terms of the thread name... hopefully some answers to go along with the questions, eventually.
 ;)
Kelly
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2006, 02:48:33 am »
Hi,

I'm looking for a story about Jack and Randall.  I think the author's real name might be Amanda.  On dc her screen name started with an "a" and also had an "x" in there somewhere.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
Kelly

(L and L is it okay that I did this in a new thread?  Let me know if it is not.)

Yes it is okay and no, I don't know the story off hand. Let me do some sleuthiing...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2006, 03:03:36 am »
Hi,

Thanks.
Kelly

Kelly,

Not sure if this is the story you are looking for.  "Come November" by athinfacade. http://community.livejournal.com/brokebackslash/295981.html#cutid1

I didn't read the story so don't know if this is the one.  Just notice that the stroy is about Jack and Randall.

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2006, 12:22:02 pm »
Thanks for your help Jenny, but sorry that's not the one.  But thanks for trying!
 :)

Offline ohiomyown

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2006, 04:50:04 pm »
athinfacade      Amanda   Come November, Part 1 and 2    
http://community.livejournal.com/brokebackslash/301458.html#cutid1

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2006, 07:11:41 pm »
Okay, maybe that is it.  I'll check it out.  Thanks everyone.
Kelly

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2006, 10:01:29 pm »
Thanks everyone for alerting me to this author.  I read a bunch of her stuff today and really enjoyed it!  The Jack/Randall/Ennis story isn't over yet... she has also written some RPS and other interesting Brokeback related things.
 ;D