Author Topic: Help find a story...  (Read 10485 times)

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Re: Help find a story...
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2006, 03:50:47 am »
Anyone know of "Standing Still"
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline richardg49

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • 'Keep on trucking'
Help me find 'Come Away Easy'
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2006, 07:19:49 pm »
Can anyone help me find the story 'Come Away Easy' somewhere online?

I've tried this link, but all I get is a 'you do not have permission' notice:

http://comeawayeasy.livejournal.com/5212.html#cutid1

Is it posted anywhere else? I've heard its good.
Any help will be appreciated.

I gave him what I hoped was that hopeful innocent puppy look that said “don’t you just want ta rub my tummy” rather than that hungry, ravenous wolf look that said “why don’t you just come out a that brick house so I can eat you up little pig?” LVH: 'What I did on my Day Off'

Offline Seom

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2006, 11:55:53 pm »
Hmm... well i'm not looking for a specific story, but looking for a story type. Does anyone know any really good angsty/tragedy stories? I don't want ones were Ennis is thinking of Jack after he died, there are just to many of those, but i want ones that are heart wrenching about their relationship when Jack was alive. I'm in the mood for a heart wrenching... call me crazy... ;) Like those ones about Randall and Jack posted above, where Jack is just broken up about Ennis, or even like the story i wrote on here, it's the type i like. Any suggestions?

Offline belgianboy

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • Jakin' off ever' chance I get ...
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2006, 11:00:57 am »
Hmm... well i'm not looking for a specific story, but looking for a story type. Does anyone know any really good angsty/tragedy stories? I don't want ones were Ennis is thinking of Jack after he died, there are just to many of those, but i want ones that are heart wrenching about their relationship when Jack was alive. I'm in the mood for a heart wrenching... call me crazy... ;) Like those ones about Randall and Jack posted above, where Jack is just broken up about Ennis, or even like the story i wrote on here, it's the type i like. Any suggestions?
Hi Seom--

I'm a canon guy, totally into the beauty of the BBM tragedy, so I'm going to pimp for a couple of my own early fanfics called "Kin" and "Silence." The second one might interest you, because it presents an end to Jack that is in contrast to your fanfic--which I LOVED!  But "Kin" is also sad in its own way, as a prelude to "Silence." I wrote "Silence" on Christmas Eve, as some sort of catharsis, I guess. You can find these in the LiveJournal for rvanv, my alter-ego, also posted in Brokebackslash on January 18th.

Otherwise, there is an awesome fic that has stuck with me called "Careful What You Wish For" by LJ writer Crimson 37. It was posted in Brokebackslash on March 1st.

Good hunting,
Belgianboy

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2006, 03:19:30 pm »
I thought Sheera's "The Words Do Not Come" was pretty angsty.  She is "trascedenza" on livejournal.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 03:21:10 pm by notBastet »
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline Seom

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2006, 05:05:31 pm »
thanks for the suggestions, but one more problem... how do i find these? Sry to be difficult, but could you post some links for me? :-* thanks! ;D

Offline belgianboy

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • Jakin' off ever' chance I get ...
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2006, 05:17:58 pm »

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2006, 07:51:27 pm »
After reading "The Silence"

We feel joy for those
who never lived or loved; mourn
those who never died.

Yet we can feel joy
for those who really love; mourn
those who truly died.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 04:02:18 am by twistedude »
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2006, 11:47:36 am »
thanks for the suggestions, but one more problem... how do i find these? Sry to be difficult, but could you post some links for me?

Stories on Live Journal can be a lot more difficult to find than on fanfiction.net, where they're all listed. LJ apparently was intended for blogs and not fiction.

The easiest way to look in LJ and find the kind of fiction you want is to join a 'community', where authors post titles and links.  Brokeback Slash and Wranglers seem to be the best sources.  Links:

http://community.livejournal.com/wranglers/

http://community.livejournal.com/brokebackslash/

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2006, 11:31:42 am »
LAST PLEA: Anyone know WHERE a FANFIC IS CALLED "sTANDING sTILL" IS?  Both are drunk, and Jack keeps asking Ennis to dance with him, and keeps saying "but nobody can see us out here." It's opretty sad...