Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: Agents of the Law  (Read 156320 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: New Greenlea Tale: Agents of the Law
« Reply #110 on: September 26, 2009, 08:46:41 pm »

ETA: it's tomorrow, and I'm hard at work on Chapter 30!!

and here we go!!!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/329080.html
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #111 on: September 27, 2009, 01:55:16 pm »
Thanks for writing through all the ghastly medical stuff, Louise.  Hope you can rest this weekend!

SPOILERS

Henry is proving to be an invaluable addition to the department.  He hones in on the real issues and doesn't allow the extraneous drama to distract him. 

Excuse me?” Henry blinked back at him. “Did you just insult my experience or did you just compliment my youthful appearance?”

;D   Oh, very good.  It's interesting that Sanchez compared Henry to Joe.  And his comment about Ellery was even more interesting, and troubling.  Reynolds has always been the subject of teasing and eye-rolling, but now there is some real animosity, resentment, and curiosity thrown into the mix.   :-\   They have their work cut out for them, that's for sure.  Thanks, Louise.
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #112 on: September 29, 2009, 11:04:06 pm »
Things are improving!  But work has been kicking me in the knee, and I just went through another round with the doctor, and now I'm supposed to schedule physical therapy.  I am really REALLY looking forward to getting out from under this weekend at last!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #113 on: October 04, 2009, 06:16:13 am »
Working on it at this hour... yes in fact it is 5 a.m. and I can explain!!!

ETA: Monday night - going on midnight and I'm working on it still - I can't believe all of the crap that is trying to get between me and this chapter!  You will see why when you read it!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 12:47:49 am by louisev »

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #114 on: October 06, 2009, 01:44:56 am »
finally finally eked out the next chapter!!!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/329569.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #115 on: October 06, 2009, 02:20:05 pm »
SPOILERS

OMG, I'm exhausted just from reading that.  Chief Deputy Ellery Cantrell is one piece of work!  Hopefully his health will start improving soon b/c I think his family is about at the end of their ropes with him. 

Very interesting about the testing, though.....  Thanks, Louise!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #116 on: October 06, 2009, 10:15:46 pm »
SPOILERS

OMG, I'm exhausted just from reading that.  Chief Deputy Ellery Cantrell is one piece of work!  Hopefully his health will start improving soon b/c I think his family is about at the end of their ropes with him. 

Very interesting about the testing, though.....  Thanks, Louise!

It exhausted me to write it. No matter how I tried that would NOT come out in one fell swoop - but things should go more quickly - just as soon as I deliver a design document for my customer.

Bad news for me: I had an MRI this morning and have a torn meniscus in my knee joint, which will require extensive physical therapy. But the good news is that I got a lot of relief from the ultrasound treatment, and stopped hobbling on my way home.  It'll be hobbling tonight but... I can always put my foot up and rest for a while afterward!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #117 on: October 07, 2009, 09:15:18 pm »
Oh, Louise, ouch!  That sounds so painful!  I'm glad the ultrasound helped somewhat. 

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #118 on: October 11, 2009, 01:52:31 pm »
Gettin caught up here, it's only 1 p.m. so I've got plenty of time to work on the next chapter - I had to go back, AGAIN, and get caught up on the different threads of the story.  This really is quite intricate a plot ain't it?

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #119 on: October 12, 2009, 03:21:49 am »
and at last...

chapter 32.  I haven't got physical therapy tomorrow, and I did my baking, so I am knocking wood that I can get a chapter out tomorrow too:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/329751.html