Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: Agents of the Law  (Read 156352 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: New Greenlea Tale: Agents of the Law
« Reply #120 on: October 12, 2009, 01:38:10 pm »
SPOILERS

“Has the whole place gone loony?”

:laugh:  Why, yes, Sheriff Brown, I believe it has.  And I'm dying to hear what Wes has to say to Reynolds.  Even with all of Wes's experience, this has to be a first!  Ellery has given him plenty of "I didn't need to know that" moments, but in this case it'll be more like Reynolds having a "I didn't want anyone to know that!" moment.  :laugh:   Thanks, Louise - hope the physical therapy is going well. 
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #121 on: October 13, 2009, 01:25:16 am »
I go back tomorrow, first to the PT and then to a new orthopedic doctor who specializes in rehabilitation of torn limbs!  I certainly have a torn joint if not the entire limb!

Work continues to kick my ass, and the intensity of the pressure is something I haven't felt since... oh let me think, 2001-2002 when I was building software systems to be deployed to Baghdad in the runup to the war!  And it isn't like this stuff is TRULY mission-critical.  in fact the entire NETWORK I am working on is not considered business-impacting!  But you wouldn't know it from the tension levels around there!  I've requested a special Indian Summer because I went out this morning in mukluks at 7:30 a.m. to get to work in time for another grueling session of what is known as "project re-estimating" in 3 inches of new snow.  Checking the calendar: yup, it's October 12.

argh!!!  I'll be looking forward to quitting time and my PT !!  and I'm down 34 pounds since July! whoo hoo!  When I lose enough abnormal fluid in my tissues I might possibly be able to exercise off some adipose tissue.  I now have a literal context for the southern saying "Fitting a seven pound rooster in a 2 quart jar!"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #122 on: October 16, 2009, 09:32:20 pm »
It's Friday night, I am cancelling everything but tidying my room and writing and playing piano (well and maybe a little sleeping in there) for the weekend.  So there should be another chapter by the time the calendar turns to the 17th!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #123 on: October 17, 2009, 03:59:14 am »
It's 3 a.m.  Do you know where your twin sister is?

http://louisev.livejournal.com/330087.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #124 on: October 17, 2009, 01:20:49 pm »
It's 3 a.m.  Do you know where your twin sister is?

http://louisev.livejournal.com/330087.html

SPOILERS

Gee, Katie's not desperate for attention or anything, is she?   ::)

But I loved being back at the bar with all those guys and Lauren being so Lauren and Wayne being so Wayne.

“I can already feel the psychic waves a his masculinity coilin up an ready ta spring,” Wayne said

:laugh: :laugh: 

I liked seeing Jeeves again, but it made me sad, too.  He's so adrift.   :(

I loved Ellery's "born to do evil" line - but what about Colson?  It's a given that he'll have a calf, but how that manifests itself should be very interesting.  And, yeah, speaking of twin sisters, Pam's going to get a lot of mileage out of this!  Thanks, Louise - I hope you get some rest this weekend.

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #125 on: October 17, 2009, 11:05:05 pm »
SPOILERS

Gee, Katie's not desperate for attention or anything, is she?   ::)

But I loved being back at the bar with all those guys and Lauren being so Lauren and Wayne being so Wayne.

“I can already feel the psychic waves a his masculinity coilin up an ready ta spring,” Wayne said

:laugh: :laugh: 

I liked seeing Jeeves again, but it made me sad, too.  He's so adrift.   :(

I loved Ellery's "born to do evil" line - but what about Colson?  It's a given that he'll have a calf, but how that manifests itself should be very interesting.  And, yeah, speaking of twin sisters, Pam's going to get a lot of mileage out of this!  Thanks, Louise - I hope you get some rest this weekend.

yep, she is.

Now I have a bit of a dilemma.  I just got the ending to the sequel of my first novel, which has been pestering the back of my mind since 2002.  And in conjunction with that sequel there is an anthology soliciting for novellas for which this book's theme and universe has a ready-made element to it.

and so I have to figure out what I have time for, considering I have just barely had time for THIS.  There is no deadline on the other story (original deadline was Nov 2) however the sooner I get it underway the sooner I can get it in and have a chance for it to be included.

But it might mean that "Agents of the Law" might get sidelined to one chapter a week.  Can ya stand it?

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #126 on: October 19, 2009, 01:53:36 pm »
yep, she is.

Now I have a bit of a dilemma.  I just got the ending to the sequel of my first novel, which has been pestering the back of my mind since 2002.  And in conjunction with that sequel there is an anthology soliciting for novellas for which this book's theme and universe has a ready-made element to it.

and so I have to figure out what I have time for, considering I have just barely had time for THIS.  There is no deadline on the other story (original deadline was Nov 2) however the sooner I get it underway the sooner I can get it in and have a chance for it to be included.

But it might mean that "Agents of the Law" might get sidelined to one chapter a week.  Can ya stand it?

Sure, we can take it!  :)  After all, most stories don't even update once a week! We've just been spoiled.  Good luck, Louise!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #127 on: October 20, 2009, 01:33:46 am »

Sure, we can take it!  :)  After all, most stories don't even update once a week! We've just been spoiled.  Good luck, Louise!

I'll put it out there to the rest of the clan... you are right, I have been on this streak, with only a few breaks, for some time now, and with full time work, a full time kneebone (not a Legbone, a kneebone!) and a 40,000 word novella to write as soon as possible, it would really help if I could designate Sunday as Agents of the Law day and devote my daily writing time to review of The Princes of the East.

Which - if anyone wants it, I will be expanding on a relationship between a young Bithynian soldier, Isolt of the Sabirii, and his older mentor, the ulu commander Issarcha.

The novel it is based on, is here:

http://www.zebratta.com/Books/Princes/index.htm

I just put it into PDF form so if anyone wants the smoothed-down version in PDF I can send it to any mobile device platform! I've reviewed the first 150 pages of the Princes of the East so I'm confident it is at least solid!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 02:17:14 am by louisev »

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #128 on: October 26, 2009, 02:21:46 am »
Didn't quite get a chapter written but I did get it started.  Stay tuned tomorrow for Ellery takes his medicine!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #129 on: October 26, 2009, 11:52:14 pm »
whew!  at last, got a breather!

Well, sort of a breather:  now on top of everything else, I've got a head cold!

But - work must go on!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/330087.html  Chapter 34