Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: Agents of the Law  (Read 156303 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: New Greenlea Tale: Agents of the Law
« Reply #150 on: December 05, 2009, 10:28:18 pm »
I had to do some referencing because this is the most complicated plot entanglement I've pulled thus far.

and here are the results I got to last night which I needed to pull together before I could forge ahead, due to plot hooks I had to reconnect:

“Agents” Chapter Guide

1.   Joe and Family
2.   Ellery and Colson
3.   Nick and Jeremy and Pam
4.   Paula and Henry
5.   Joe, Wes, Carol, Leslie, Murdoch, Reynolds at the station
6.   Colson and Edna/Colson phoning Katie Ann in Prescott
7.   Nick and Jeremy
8.   Carol, Stevens, Joe, Wes Brown
9.   Edna, Ellery
10.   Joe in Tucson, Kevin Railly (head of Vice)
11.   Wes and Henry Caulfield
12.   Sanchez, Esteban, Carol, Stevens at the station
13.   Pam  on the phone with Katie, Laura, Edna and Ellery.
14.   Colson, Wes, Gus Hume and his assistant Alex
15.   Joe, Mike Sansone (Tucson Vice), Railly, Coke (?) Carol on the phone
16.   Katie, Laura, Ellery on the phone
17.    Edna and Ellery, Dr. Sampson
18.   Carol, Stevens, Reynolds, Joe, Esteban
19.   Wes, Colson, Hume and Alex
20.   Henry Caulfield, Edna, Ellery,
21.   Carol, Joe, Drew, Stevens, Reynolds, Leslie
22.   Nick and Jeremy, Pam
23.   Sanchez, Reynolds, Carol on the radio, Hezekiah Waldrop, Millicent Godfrey, Mrs. Waldrop, other driver (unnamed), ambulance driver
24.   Henry, Raymond Boudreau (MD), Edna, Wes, Henry Caulfield, Colson
25.   Katie Ann Wilson, Sam McElhaney, Scott McElhaney
26.    Carol, Joe, Stevens,  Henry Caulfield, Reynolds, Drew Farnsworth
27.   Ellery, Boudreau, Edna, Caulfield, Colson, Katie Ann on the phone
28.   Taylor, Esteban, Carol on the radio
29.   Pam, Katie
30.   Henry Caulfield, Sanchez, Carol, Millicent Godfrey, Drew Farnsworth, Reynolds
31.   Carol, Wes,  Joe,
32.   Jeeves, Noel Creston, Lauren, Wayne, Katie Ann, Gene Autry, Ellery on the phone
33.   Colson, Ellery, Edna
34.   Wes, Reynolds, Joe
35.   Lewis Stevens, Ned Flaherty, Willard Friend, Evelyn Friend (on the phone)
36.   Joe, Doris, Jeremiah

and now... on to the story!  (LOL)
plot complication? what plot complication?

Holy Crap, Louise!   :laugh:  Seeing it all laid out like that makes my head spin! 

It was great to visit No. 4!  Paula and Henry have a very natural banter that bespeaks an already comfortable relationship - and they make a great team. 

“Ellery Cantrell just became a far more puzzling character than he was a few minutes ago,” Henry said.

Henry, you haven't begun to plumb the depths of Ellery Cantrell!   :laugh:
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #151 on: December 06, 2009, 01:00:52 am »
okay so I figured out the numbering problem - I missed chapter 31 in there.

And yes, plot complications are mind boggling. But I am hoping that I don't need to go back and do a brain dump again!  now that I have all of the threads.  But I did have to print it out!!!

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #152 on: December 17, 2009, 06:39:42 am »
I am getting back to the pile of writing to do... I have not forgotten.  I started my new job this week and I just got my diagnosis, and still living in a hotel.  This weekend... I will have time, and next week I get two days off!!!  so you know what that means!

MORE CHAPTERS!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #153 on: December 17, 2009, 06:50:52 pm »
Hey, Louise, thanks for popping in!  I've been missing in action a bit myself lately so I'll have to make a point to check out your blog.  Yay! for the weekend!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #154 on: December 17, 2009, 08:14:50 pm »
Hey, Louise, thanks for popping in!  I've been missing in action a bit myself lately so I'll have to make a point to check out your blog.  Yay! for the weekend!

I lucked into a team on this project that works from home/travels on Fridays.  So I get to be offsite one day a week, and I am going to use that day wisely!  So be prepared for some action sooner rather than later!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #155 on: December 23, 2009, 04:39:45 pm »
I lucked into a team on this project that works from home/travels on Fridays.  So I get to be offsite one day a week, and I am going to use that day wisely!  So be prepared for some action sooner rather than later!

yeah I keep saying that.  You need to go to my facebook blog to see just how high and far they piled the BS this time, but I expect tonight I'll have a place to land for at least a few weeks.  If that happens, I'll have enough mind space to resume "Agents of the Law".  Yes, just in time for Christmas.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #156 on: December 24, 2009, 03:55:51 pm »
yeah I keep saying that.  You need to go to my facebook blog to see just how high and far they piled the BS this time, but I expect tonight I'll have a place to land for at least a few weeks.  If that happens, I'll have enough mind space to resume "Agents of the Law".  Yes, just in time for Christmas.

Oh no!  That doesn't sound good at all!   :-\ 

I hope 2010 brings you some good prospects! 

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #157 on: December 24, 2009, 09:04:08 pm »
Oh no!  That doesn't sound good at all!   :-\  

I hope 2010 brings you some good prospects!  

I am sitting here quietly on Christmas eve after dashing up to Baltimore for a cortisone shot from a friend-of-a-friend's surgeon dad.  I'm already feeling vastly improved, and tonight my agenda is rest, recovery, and Ellery.  There'll be something under the tree tomorrow!

ETA:  Due to a massive relief in pain and the fact that I was able to sleep - unlike our friend Ellery - I was able to get to the next chapter!

Chapter 39:  http://louisev.livejournal.com/332444.html
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 04:57:13 am by louisev »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
~
« Reply #158 on: December 27, 2009, 11:17:07 am »
I am sitting here quietly on Christmas eve after dashing up to Baltimore for a cortisone shot from a friend-of-a-friend's surgeon dad.  I'm already feeling vastly improved, and tonight my agenda is rest, recovery, and Ellery.  There'll be something under the tree tomorrow!

ETA:  Due to a massive relief in pain and the fact that I was able to sleep - unlike our friend Ellery - I was able to get to the next chapter!

Chapter 39:  http://louisev.livejournal.com/332444.html

Oh, I almost missed this!  I'm glad you were able to find pain relief, Louise - I hope it's more than temporary!  You certainly are a trouper!

SPOILERS

You have certain got a lot goin on, Wesley.”

Ha!  That has to be the understatement of the century!  Wow, you always manage to throw a new angle into the mix!  It's so true that the desire for companionship and love can cloud our thinking - poor Carol.  But I'm glad Wes figured things out before she was too far along in her new "relationship."  And I wouldn't want to be this guy she's been seeing.  I can't imagine Carol is going to take kindly to being used in this way.  Wes will have to handle his talk with her delicately, for sure.   And now I'm worried about Wesley, too!  :-\  Thanks, Louise - this is a fascinating tale. 

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #159 on: December 27, 2009, 11:53:52 pm »
Pain relief and getting settled makes a huge difference in my ability to concentrate.

I expect I will bew riting more tonight since two things prey on my mind.  And the first of these is what happens next in the Empire o'Hermes.