Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: Agents of the Law  (Read 156341 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: New Greenlea Tale: Agents of the Law
« Reply #230 on: April 07, 2010, 12:43:34 pm »
SPOILERS

Holy crap, I can't believe I missed that last chapter! My life is as crazy as Ellery's and Colson's (slight exaggeration - but only slight ::)). 

Mistake, mistake, mistake.

You can say that a fourth and fifth time, Carol! Sheesh.

“Carol, I’m a lawyer. I know how not to talk myself into a corner.”

:laugh: Famous last words - but I see Carol refrained from pointing out the irony for the moment.

I just made the final push on getting the final edits into "Tourmaline" and after I've slept, I will be resuming "Agents" in the next chapter as we creep toward the spine-tingling finale!

Will Little Nell Wayne die?  Will Dr. Sampson survive surgery?  Will Dr. Boudreau survive the next encounter with the now-exceptionally-ornery Ellery Cantrell, private citizen?  Will Joe succeed in heading Ellery off at the pass before he flies to Tahiti?  Will Colson go with him or talk some sense into him?  Will Katie get arraigned on assault charges?  Will Reynolds find out who put the body in the dishwasher?

And - perhaps most importantly - IS LEWIS STEVENS REALLY DEAD?

"Little Nell"  :laugh: :laugh: OMG, Louise, cue the organ music!   ;D Just  terrific storytelling! Thanks!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #231 on: April 07, 2010, 01:34:57 pm »

That was a perfectly coined name for our dear Wayne.  He has been the largest portion of the humor in this story.
I hate to think that he won't continue to provide Ellery with the aggravation that all children give their parents.  The
smack downs that Colson has the chance for, that gives him the opportunity to release the pent up energy and
rage that he carries, from his three kids.  The girls and his most spoiled one of all.  His dear Ellery.  My point is
that he is a key in this story like not many others.

Beautiful mind

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #232 on: April 07, 2010, 10:38:52 pm »

That was a perfectly coined name for our dear Wayne.  He has been the largest portion of the humor in this story.
I hate to think that he won't continue to provide Ellery with the aggravation that all children give their parents.  The
smack downs that Colson has the chance for, that gives him the opportunity to release the pent up energy and
rage that he carries, from his three kids.  The girls and his most spoiled one of all.  His dear Ellery.  My point is
that he is a key in this story like not many others.

very true, if Colson is a parental figure here, then Ellery is his most troubled child :)
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #233 on: April 09, 2010, 06:14:17 pm »
Working on the next chapter as we speak.  Ironically, I suppose, the minute Ellery gets off morphine, I get a prescription for it!

I guess it's to have the full PO-lice experience!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #234 on: April 09, 2010, 09:53:21 pm »
And thar she blows!!!

Chapter 64:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/339171.html

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #235 on: April 11, 2010, 11:14:55 pm »
and miraculously - produced another chapter!

yay!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/339233.html

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #236 on: April 15, 2010, 01:14:25 am »

chapter 66!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/339481.html

And this book just hit 100,000 words!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #237 on: April 19, 2010, 01:15:33 am »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #238 on: April 19, 2010, 03:02:04 pm »
SPOILERS

WHEW!  All caught up, finally! I guess one advantage to reading in chunks is I got to read Sid's list and your list and it helped me to make those mental checks in my mind.  Holy moly. Mel has got himself in one fine mess.  And I'd love to see someone try and put Ellery in a straight jacket.  I don't think so!  :laugh:

Thanks, Louise!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #239 on: April 19, 2010, 03:05:26 pm »
SPOILERS

WHEW!  All caught up, finally! I guess one advantage to reading in chunks is I got to read Sid's list and your list and it helped me to make those mental checks in my mind.  Holy moly. Mel has got himself in one fine mess.  And I'd love to see someone try and put Ellery in a straight jacket.  I don't think so!  :laugh:

Thanks, Louise!

about time you showed up!  And you will be very relieved to know that a) chapters will start getting posted more regularly as I lead up to the finale of " Agents of the Law" and formulate its sequel because - YOU KNOW THERE'S A SEQUEL TO THIS!

And copy #3 of Tourmaline is still awaiting your order, due to my unemployment and transition to the West Coast once again I had to change my priorities and schedules and we will be going to print at the end of the month!  And it will be a whopping 400+ pages!  I didn't abridge a single paragraph!

:)